Use of the work "whenever"

Tinijocaro

DIS Veteran
I've noticed that a freind of mine from St Louis uses the word "whenever" in odd sentences. For me, I use "whenever" when describing a repeated event such as "Whenever I go to the store, I buy milk". She will us it in this manner "Whenever I had my first child, I was 20." or "Whenever I went to the mall yesterday, I bought pants."

Anyone else notice this and is it a regional thing? I have heard others doing this too.

I see a lot of people using the word "anymore" in a similar way. It's very strange to me.

I've seen people on tv (mostly court shows) use whenever instead of when. It drives me batty.

I don't see anything wrong with 'whenever I go to the store, I buy milk'.

People also really, really misuse the word myself. 'He and myself went to the store'

This bugs me so much! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

People also really, really misuse the word myself. 'He and myself went to the store'

Yes, the first example in the OP is correct. The others are wrong.

The big one that bugs me is "Her and her mom went to the store." See it ALL THE TIME. "SHE and her mom went to the store." You would not say "her went to the store."

I was saying that is how I use the word "whenever" It's not wrong.

I used whenever in the above mentioned incorrect way. But I'm from the South and Texas and am Czech heritage so we do talk differently and a little backwards. It's what makes me, ME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter