Use Fort Wilderness for cheap Extra Magic Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP, if your friends book the Hilton at DTD, they will be able to take advantage of EMH, but not free parking.

To the OP, if your friends book the Hilton at DTD, they will be able to take advantage of EMH, but not free parking.

NJRRK-Just had to ask if you have had any B&W's Heavy Crumb Cake lately!!!!! The BEST :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Only thing about NJ that I miss since we moved down here in '86.

Off thread alert!!!!!

John VN said:
NJRRK-Just had to ask if you have had any B&W's Heavy Crumb Cake lately!!!!! The BEST :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Only thing about NJ that I miss since we moved down here in '86.

Try to avoid it. I end up eating way too much of it.

Don't you miss the traffic? Snow? Ice? Turnpike? Parkway?

Off thread alert!!!!!

Try to avoid it. I end up eating way too much of it.

Don't you miss the traffic? Snow? Ice? Turnpike? Parkway?

I miss them so much it makes me cry every day I wake up. :lmao: :rotfl:

EMH is intended as a perk for guests stasying on Disney property. if you book and don't stay there, you are cheating. I wish there were some penalty they could impose on the cheaters, especially those who impose a No Vacancy of would be campers.

So let me get this straight . You come to a board for primarily Disney Campers. You want to take a sight that your not going to use and you think your not going to get snarky coments? :scratchin

Ethics aside, I highly doubt you'll be able to get a one night Friday night reservation. I've tent camped at the fort before when it was the only way possible for me to afford to stay onsite, it would have been really lousy to have been denied because of someone doing what you are proposing.

Ethics aside, the big flaw I see is in the touring plan approach. Personally, I'd save my reservation money and reallocate a small portion of it to a subscription at Touringplans.com or ridemax.com if the visit is during a busy season.

Just FYI about that time of the year... we visited that same time a few years ago and DHS was so crowded on the EMH day/night that we left... maybe it had to do with the Osbourne Lights... We went back to DHS on an non EMH day and crowds were very low and much more enjoyable.

Not sure how often this booking situation happens? Perhaps Disney should consider selling the EMH and parking pass package for say the $60 price or so and everyone gets what they want. Just a thought.

Not to sound mean but this is the worst idea I've ever heard. EMH is bad enough now since Disney has 25,000 hotel rooms now. I'm sure EMH was great years ago.

Staying until midnight at Epcot means 1am-ish return to your hotel and needing to leave by 7am-ish to make the extra magic hour at HS. Are you sure you want to do that? You're looking at 5 hours sleep at best. Are you going to be drinking adult drinks at Epcot? Wouldn't try it myself.

Really, the perk is for whomever PAYS for the reservation. Disney does not care if you pay for a room, take the EMH perks but don't sleep there. It also isn't unethical. The cost of the nightly reservation entitles one to sleep there, the use of EMH, and free parking. You have the right to use all or NONE of those, but you have have the legal obligation to PAY no matter what. Disney requires 45 days in advance cancellation, and there are people who end up paying for rooms they can't occupy and that Disney doesn't fill with other guest. Yet by the logic being used by folks on this board, it's unethical to do this, or are you really suggesting you have the right to judge others and impose some secret code of conduct on them? Would you feel better if they slept in a tent rather than a bed and paid for 1 rather than 2 accommodations that night? They aren't paying LESS. They aren't getting a super secret deal that you cannot. Sure, we could all double book hotels AND FW, BUT who wants to??? There aren't many people who want to pay for FW just for EMH and parking. No, we don't want Disney to stoop to Universal's level of selling Fast Passes, but Disney already IS selling EMH by staying on site the only way you can get it. That's fine. On site should have special perks.

Hey, OP, if your friends park their car at their camping spot, maybe people will calm down. Really, I've never thought of it, think it's pretty clever, insane for the sleep deprivation, but I'd go for a family suite at All Star Music or price 2 rooms at All Star Sports (consistently the least expensive resort). On site is the best way to utilize EMH.

On site is the best way to utilize EMH means that staying off site and having EMH would cut into your sleeping hours even more. I experienced this when we went to MNSSHP and MVMHP and stayed off site and when we stayed at the CR then moved to an off site condo. I've also been at Disney for the Marathon and up all night for another day of Disney (Leap Year Day). I've had some crazy hours at the parks, and EMH is best with Disney transportation and on-site hotel OR picking only late night or early morning but not following a late night with an early morning. That's my 2 cents, but I do so much Disney that I don't do sleep deprivation (except Leap Year).

Again, the question wasn't about whether it's worth it to you, or whether you think Tiny Tim is going to go without dinner because we booked a campsite -- just whether the plan is feasible.
!

Wow.

Just...

Wow.

Stay classy!

I hope I never find myself so desperate to save $60 that I resort to gaming the system and generally behaving in so tacky a manner.

Really, the perk is for whomever PAYS for the reservation. Disney does not care if you pay for a room, take the EMH perks but don't sleep there. It also isn't unethical. The cost of the nightly reservation entitles one to sleep there, the use of EMH, and free parking. You have the right to use all or NONE of those, but you have have the legal obligation to PAY no matter what.
This. 100%.

How many of you would take the OP seriously if he complained that all these people are sleeping at the campsite, but not using parking and EMH? They're wasting 2/3 of the benefits! How rude of them to take up all the cheap parking and EMH because they want to sleep outside.

There is zero ethics involved here, there is just consideration for people who might have different needs. The problem is that you care about camping, but not the other benefits, whereas the OP has the exact opposite set of preferences.

Disney doesn't give a flip as long as they can squeeze the maximum amount of money out of every single visitor. But I don't see you talking about how unethical and evil is the big Mouse corporation. Just bashing the OP. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter