Use DDP & TIW

JessietheNCCowgirl

Mouseketeer
Some questions in regards to using free dining bounceback offer we reserved for our upcoming June trip (we will be on the regular dining plan).

We are AP holders and always buy the TIW card to get discounts for our meals instead of a dining plan - so using the dining plan is new to me. I understand what the plan entails, but my question pertains to using TIW and the DDP at a meal. Can you even do that?

For instance at Via Napoli when paying OOP we usually order wine, the house salad as an appetizer, a large pizza to share and dessert.
So on the DDP when eating at Via Napoli, we will get a non-alcoholic beverage, individual pizzas and a dessert using a TS credit. If we want to order alcohol and the house salad as an appetizer in addition, can we use our TIW discount to apply toward the extras not included in DDP?

If so, do they bring 2 separate checks to the table? One for the DDP and one for the TIW? Is it a hassle for the server? Is it easier to use a separate form of payment for the TIW items or use your magic band (linked to your room charge) to cover everything - the TS credits, the TIW items and gratuities?

Please let me know your thoughts and advice on most convenient way for the server to handle; if using the TIW in combination with DDP is allowed.

Thanks in advance! ::MickeyMo

I don't see why you couldn't use both - if you have any non-DDP charges they have to bring you two checks anyway (one with the original charges, then one with the DDP entitlements zeroed out), so why shouldn't you be able to apply an AP or TiW discount to the remainder?

That will probably kick in the TiW's automatic 18% gratuity, though. Not sure if that would be on the whole meal or just that which the TiW is applied to.

Yes you can use both.
Have done it often.
They bring two checks.
No hassle, they don't mind, more money for them.

You can use the TiW card for items that are not covered by the dining plan credit. You will receive two bills, one for the dining plan and one for the rest of the items. The 18% TiW gratuity will only be applied only to the TiW bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter