USAir credit card

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
It figures! I finally decide on a cc to take the place of my Disney Visa and the company might file for bankruptcy! :mad: I have 40,000 + miles on the card and will probably see them go down the toilet!

I should have gone with SWA's cc but I wanted a airline which also flew to the Carribean not just in the US. Any suggestions as what cc I should try to get now? I do put alot on it and pay it off right away. So I'm looking for something that doesn't have a small limit of the points you can earn ie: Disney Visa limits you to $750.00 per calendar year.

Check out MBNA's WorldPoints card - You can go to worldpoints.com. It pays 1 point per dollar - points can be used towards cash, merchandise, hotels or air - no blackout dates & no point limits.

You can use those USAir points to book 10 months in advance on Star Alliance--United, Lufthansa, Quantas, etc. They will still be flying, one hopes, even if US Airways liquidates.

I sympathize. I 've got a bucketload of miles I've been saving for years.

If you think you might be traveling soon, check USAir's website. They're offering 20% off travel awards right now. That means that a standard award for RT travel within North America will go for 20,000 miles instead of 25,000. If you've got 40,000+ miles, you've got enough for 2 RT tickets! However, travel must occur between 9/15/04 and 2/28/05.

Another option is to go to points.com and exchange those USAir miles into another program. You'll lose quite a bit in the conversion BUT if those USAir miles are useless to you as they are, anything would be better than nothing at all! For 44,444 UsAir FF miles, you can get a $100 Supercertificate from GiftCertificates.com. They offer all kinds of GCs, including Marriott, Rainforest Café, Amazon.com.

As far as rewards credit cards go, some others to try would be the Capital One Miles Card, American Express or the Discover Card.

We also have 50,000 on our US Airways card. You can still use the miles on United.

There are a few other things to consider. How far in advance do you book travel? Getting a flight to the popular spots (Caribbean, Hawii, etc...) can be next to impossible on late notice (Actually late notice can be as late as 300 days in advance) That is the one advantage of SouthWests card. Only two or three blackout dates and otherwise if they have a seat you can have it.

As for MBNA.... just don't ever file a dispute. They recently told me that "you gave the merchant your card .... so there is nothing we can do" "You don't have proof the charge is wrong!" (I did charge $45 at the merchant in question. A month later I got a second charge for $1,800!) I asked the customer service agent how I was suppose to provide proof for a charge I had no idea would appear and she just got rude. They did finally agree to investigate the issue, but as soon as it is cleared up I AM GONE! NOTHING is worth the lack of Customer Service and customer protection they offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter