US to lift travel ban for foreign air travellers who show proof of vaccination

pigletto

DIS Veteran
Why this is relevant to Canadians is that they are referencing requiring proof of vaccination to board flights for foreign travellers starting in November. For those of us with AstraZeneca this poses some questions of whether we will be able to enter by plane. There is currently no word on what vaccines will be accepted for air travel entry into the US. Maybe we could keep this thread for that information as it develops.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8357843002

Last edited:
I am hopeful AstraZeneca will be recognized as this is largely a move to allow EU and British citizens, and a much larger number of them vaccinated with AstraZeneca. I also hope if they are not recognizing AZ that a testing option will remain available. Looking forward to more details.

Just saw this, no details that I can find yet but Boris Johnson tweeted it out today and since most of their citizens have astra? makes sense for them to approve. The question then becomes will mixing be allowed. Once again since our own current prime mister has mixed doses.... fingers crossed we leave Nov 9th so i need answers!

Just saw this, no details that I can find yet but Boris Johnson tweeted it out today and since most of their citizens have astra? makes sense for them to approve. The question then becomes will mixing be allowed. Once again since our own current prime mister has mixed doses.... fingers crossed we leave Nov 9th so i need answers!
That’s a tight timeline but like you, I think it could include the AZ mix . Hopefully details come soon.

Same! We fly out one day after you, hubby and I are both mixed. It makes absolutely NO sense that we can enter the US right now by air regardless of vaccination status but in November we could be shut out? 😳

The other issue would be the timeline for boosters. Even if they announce that we can get boosters some will still have to wait until x number of months between shots .

I am hopeful AstraZeneca will be recognized as this is largely a move to allow EU and British citizens, and a much larger number of them vaccinated with AstraZeneca. I also hope if they are not recognizing AZ that a testing option will remain available. Looking forward to more details.

Per CNN and other reporting the following will be required:

- All Foreign travellers arriving by air must be fully vaccinated; AND
- have negative covid test taken within 3 days before arrival [type of test not specified so not known if it must be PCR or if antigen is acceptable]; AND
- provide contact information to airline, which airline must keep for 30 days to enabling contact tracing by public health officials

Unvaccinated US citizens arriving by air must provide a negative covid test taken within ONE day of arrival [again test type is not yet specified].

They have not addressed the issue of which vaccines will be considered acceptable to be fully vaccinated, including if mixed dosing will be. Some media reporting has noted that the specific regulations still need to be worked out which is part of why the rules do not come into effect until November.

It appears from the reporting that once this change comes into play, for foreign travellers arriving by air one will have to be fully vaccinated or not allowed entry. Only US citizens (and possibly PRs and those with certain visas, though the media reporting only talks about US citizens being allowed unvaccinated) would be allowed in unvaccinated, with additional testing requirements.

See CNN article here: https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/20/poli...-international-travel-restrictions/index.html

SW

Same! We fly out one day after you, hubby and I are both mixed. It makes absolutely NO sense that we can enter the US right now by air regardless of vaccination status but in November we could be shut out? 😳

They are standardizing their rules so it will no longer be country by country. It makes sense from a practical / enforcement standpoint. Unfortunately, there end up being those who benefit and those for whom it could have a negative impact.

Why this is relevant to Canadians is that they are referencing requiring proof of vaccination to board flights for foreign travellers starting in November. For those of us with AstraZeneca this poses some questions of whether we will be able to enter by plane. There is currently no word on what vaccines will be accepted for air travel entry into the US. Maybe we could keep this thread for that information as it develops.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8357843002

As long as it is WHO approved should be ok

well this is all lovely. Fingers crossed mixed doses will be considered fully vaccinated. I guess we'll see more as it gets ironed out, and hopefully once our election is over they can focus on "fixing" this for us. I am glad to see some provinces offering 3rd doses for travel, and hope Ontario will follow suit, but it sure would be nice if it wasn't needed. I was quite happy with the wording the UK used in their news over the weekend, and hopefully the US/CDC will follow with something similar. It may not be the biggest impact to them but it certainly would have a tourism impact to some degree. We aren't the only mixed dose country around, just the closest to them.

Watching and waiting, hoping I don't have to cancel my March Break trip.

i have written to my MPP, MP, and the minister's for health for the province and federally and only ever get back "thanks for emailing" with no substance, very annoying to be honest. But I will also do so again provincially and again federally once the election is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts