US$ Disney Gift Card Deals for CDN's

gskywalker

DIS Veteran
Has anyone figured out a way to get a good savings on buying US$ gift cards? There are so many deals that are store/gas station/credit card specific in the states that we can't do because we either can't apply for the credit card, get stuff shipped to our CDN address, etc. I don't think we can get the Target Credit Cards still, ever since they came to Canada. Can we get the Target debit card? That would save 5%. I would go across the border if I could save a bunch just to get the gift cards. Anyone found any tricks?

We had a Target CC from the U.S. and used it to purchase Disney GC's. That was several years ago. I ran into an issue where I was getting mail from them stating they were going to revoke my Target CC because they felt the purchases I was making was for resale, which was laughable. I bought a few odd items never totalling more than $20 but purchased Disney GC $500 at a time. I made payments in that amount at the same time so there would never be an outstanding balance that I would have to mail a cheque or money order for. I did that 5 times (I think it was). I called their head office and spoke with them about it, explaining what I was purchasing and that it was to pay for a trip, and they stuck by the threat to take the card. If I can't use the card for GC purchases than I certainly didn't need it so I told them to cancel it right then. I don't need someone ruining my credit by revoking the card.

Telling you that story to let you know my experience. I have read about others who didn't have that problem but they were U.S. citizens so maybe that was the difference. You can get a US Target card but be aware, they may have issues with your purchases.

I've been buying the Disney Gift Cards here in Canada. While I don't get a discount, I don't have to pay exchange fees. I find those savings alone worth it without having to drive to the States. They are converted to US dollars when you use them (or combine them on the Disney Gift Card site).

On Our September trip I did the same. The savings that they get in the states though with 5-8 percent discounts, plus specials is quite a bit bigger so I am hoping there is some way that makes sense. I am heading to the states a few times over the next number of months so if there is a way to do it, it would be worth it for me. I would just add them to our future Disney trips over the website as soon as I bought the cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter