US Best Restaurant

Claire-Bear

DIS Veteran
Hi All

We will (hopefully) be visiting US (not IOA) for one day during our Disney trip this August - my sister will look after the kids so it'll be a day just for DH and I!

DH and I last went to IOA / US in 2014, just after the HP section opened in IOA (inadvertently on the first day it opened!).

We love HP but also like the idea of Simpsons (but open minded to others too). Where would you recommend we eat? Is it fairly straightforward to walk in and get a table for 2? Do we need to mobile order / join waiting list like at Disney?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The simpson’s place is basically a food court. Burgers/chicken and fries. Nothing spectacular but was good for what it is. Three broomsticks in IOA is good and I plan to eat there when I go. There was also a restaurant in city walk, forget the name but it was a sports bar (close to the studios entrance). Thought the place was good.

Three Broomsticks is my favorite for menu selection, food quality and atmosphere.

Fun fact: they were working on IoA Hogsmeade at the same time as the films, so the "look" of the Three Broomsticks in the theme park was developed first and actually influenced the one that ended up in the films. (Unlike Leaky Cauldron, which showed up on screen before it did Universal Studios.)

My favorite is CowFish at Citywalk as the name indicates it has burgers and sushi. Leaky Cauldron at Diagon Alley and 3 Broomsticks in Hogmeade are good QS if you want a HP theme. You can make reservations for TS usually the day of or couple days before. Toothsome is probably only one where it might be hard to get.

I would also recommend getting a dozen of Voodoo Donuts to bring back to Disney for the family.

There was also a restaurant in city walk, forget the name but it was a sports bar (close to the studios entrance). Thought the place was good.
That's NBC Sports Grill & it is very good. Typical sports bar type menu done well at reasonable prices. Usually don't need a reservation.

Cowfish is very good and has some different but still approachable options. That would probably be my choice if only eating one meal.

I concur that the Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard is pretty good for fast food but not spectacular. 3 Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron are better choices - look at the menus if you're deciding between those 2. Both tend to be very busy at prime lunch times. Thunder Falls Terrace in Jurassic Park area is the same BBQ as 3 Broomsticks but much less crowded & much faster service.

There's a taco truck in Springfield area and the Lard Lad donut shop has donut sundaes. There's also a really good crepe stand in the "Central Park" area that you can easily carry over & eat in the Springfield area, or along the pond.

Don't forget about the ice cream from Florean Fortescue's.

Thank you, I'll have a look at those menus!

Sorry should have clarified US rather than UO, although we dont mind going to CityWalk (we will not be visiting IOA on that day) - I've amended my post.

I agree with a lot of folks to go out to CityWalk for Cowfish, if wanting just 1 table service meal.
Otherwise, I've enjoyed the sandwiches at the Today Cafe, the ambiance at Leaky Cauldron (food has always just been so-so,) and escaping the heat in Finnegans, (food here also just good, not great,) Finally got to try a crepe this last trip, and it was delicious, but a LONG wait to get one, so not sure it'll be 'worth' it in the future. Have not tried Lombards, but RixFlix goes often.

Last edited:
If you're staying in the park all day, I amend my response to recommending somewhere within the park & the hitting Cowfish for dinner after parks close (to maximize park time).

In that case, it's probably between Simpsons area & Leaky Cauldron, or Cafe La Bamba which has quite tasty tacos.

The simpson’s place is basically a food court. Burgers/chicken and fries. Nothing spectacular but was good for what it is. Three broomsticks in IOA is good and I plan to eat there when I go. There was also a restaurant in city walk, forget the name but it was a sports bar (close to the studios entrance). Thought the place was good.
The Simpsons Food Court is better than you would expect, but be sure to check out the taco truck outside. Bumble Bee Man's Taco Truck may have been my favorite quick service meal in the park.

The NBC Sports Grill in City Walk is a great choice too.

Our 2 favorites are Lombards and Finnegans. If you eat early lunch you can probably get by without reservations. They do fill up by 12 or 12:30.

I did Bigfire Grill for a birthday dinner and was not impressed. I got a pork belly dinner that was mediocre and extremely small. But they did have delicious brussels sprouts. I probably should have went with a traditional steak. We also got the grilled fish which was excellent.

I never had a bad meal at Toothsome. Their avocado bruschetta is a must for me and their shaved brussels sprouts are among the best on property (Bar 17 Bistro at Aventura get's that nod).

Voodoo donuts was horrible on my last visit. I got an Old Fashioned donut that could have been used to hammer in nails; it was that stale.

Lombards in the Park, Cowfish in Citywalk. The resort restaurants are are our favorites though. We make rez as soon as we have a solid date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter