US AIR...questions and answers for people that have tickets.

Thanks for the post
I have tickets for our trip in December and I really have not been too worried, but it is human nature to be concerned.
I got such a good deal when I bought them in June, now the same flights are 5 times the amount I paid.

helenk,

Your welcome;) , we have tickets with them also for President Week(Feb 14-20). We got direct from Pittburgh to Orlando for $220, so we booked it back in May. For a Holiday week, you won't find it any lower.:rolleyes:

:bounce: Thank you for the article I have tickets with Us Air for December. I was watching one of those cable news channels back in May when they said this was coming so it did not really surprise me. The one thing that did surprise me was a couple of weeks ago when Us Air bought out Midway Airlines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-87 Offsite
7-87 Offsite
7-00 DL
7-01 Poly
7-02 WL
Dec FW

DebbieB,

Thanks for that link.I hope our flights in Feb 2003 remain non-stop to Orlando from Pittsburgh.:rolleyes:

Midway Airline was/is a working airline. Before they experienced financial problems last November, and they had gone through similar problems about 10 yrs back , we had flown them a number of times from Hartford to Orlando. Their service was excellent, their planes extremely comfortable with leather type seats and we enjoyed flying them. We felt badly when they experiemced the financial woes of many other airlines and had to stop flights frm Hartford. I believe they now are based in Raleigh/Durham.

I have USAIR tickets out of Philly in less than two weeks. My flight down if fine but apparently the flight back from Orlando has been consolidated w/ another flight. They have since seperated myself, my husband and our 5 yr old DD. I called and was told that there aren't other seats for us to be reassigned to at this time but that the airport holds back seats for just this reason. I am very concerned and upset being I made the reservation for this flight in March w/ the 3 seats together, I have my original reciept to confirm this. They now have our 5 yr old sittting by herself which I informed them I would not tolerate. Has anyone else been thru this and do they have any suggestions or do I have any recourse?? Thanks!

They WILL find a way for you and your DD to sit together. Keep calling until someone makes the change. If not over the phone, email them. I can not imagine someone who is flying business or by themselves not giving up their sit for a parent to sit with their child. I would not accept this situation either and USAirways does not want to lose customers right now so make a fuss, a big fuss!! We will also be flying USAir out of Philly next Wednesday. Please post how you made out, I would really like to know.

RobinLyn

Thanks--I have emailed customer service and consumer affairs. Of course they can take up to 24 hrs to respond but I do plan on making a BIG FUSS. I'll let you know how it goes.

On 8/25 and 8/31 I'm traveling with a 7 y/o, a 4 y/o, and my 68 y/o mom who has health issues. Separating us is also unacceptable.

I too have had flights booked since March/April, and my (useless) travel agent has already screwed up one leg of our trip. She hasn't contacted me at all about this - does anyone know if I can call US Air directly to confirm my flight status, or if they will deal only with the agent who booked the flights?

Lori

You can either call the USAIR 800 number or you can check online at USAIR.com and on the right side there is an area (small) that says existing reservations. You have to register to do this, the easiest thing if you don't have frequent flier # or aren't registered is to call the number, I think it is 800-428-4322. I wish you better luck than I am having.

They will probably be able to help you at the counter at the airport, I would get there early. On a trip last year, we were "mysteriously" bumped out of our seats, they could not figure out what happened (so they said). When were on the plane, I noticed a couple with a young child sitting in them. I wouldn't be surprised if someone moved us to accomodate them. I'm glad that the family got to sit together, but I didn't appreciate being involuntarily bumped out of the seats I had reserved months before and reconfirmed a couple days before leaving. I have also seen flight attendants asking people to move after boarding to get families together. On our last flight they asked at the gate if there were 2 adults sitting together who would like to move to the exit row so that a family could sit together, a couple volunteered

Consumer Affairs just called me, I'll give them credit that it was pretty quick. He was able to place my daughter and husband in 11A & C. The middle seat is booked (whcih I find odd) but he assured me that the person in the middle would move and would be convinced to do so by the steward if necessary. (My husband is a big guy so no person in there right mind would want to sit next to him anyway!) I have now been assigned to 12a--the window seat right behind them so hopefully that person will switch with me. At least that is better than us being in aisle 10, 18 & 20. I feel alittle better. Thanks to everyone!

So glad they called you!! And I'm sure the middle seat is no prize to someone sitting between a dad and his daughter, especially if that DD makes a small fuss about sitting next to Dear Dad and Mom and then cries if it doesn't happen, lol (that should work!) Glad this has been cleared up so quick for you, nothing worst than worrying before you even get there. Have a Wonderful Time, I know we plan too!

RobinLyn ;)

I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you, mep319. I called and the rep. confirmed my flights and seats - but departure is still ten days away: should I call again to reconfirm 3 days prior? I'm a little wary now...

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter