Urgent Poll - would you still book the Dining Plan if gratuity is not included?

Would you still book dining plan at same price if gratuity no longer included?

• Yes, it is a great deal even if more money comes out my pocket for tip

• Yes.

• No. The added cost per day to tip my servers would make the plan not as good a deal.

• No - I do not want the hassle of carrying cash to tip.

• No - I feel bad for servers who will get stiffed because guests assume grat still included.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We ate a meal at LeCellier last August that would've cost us $180 if we'd paid for it OOP. We found that most of our TS meals that week would've cost about the same as thta.

18% would be around $33. Multiply that by a 6-night stay and my stay just got about $200 more expensive. Although I voted "Yes," DDP makes much less sense to me in that situation and I'd really be on the fence about it.

And if we weren't on the DDP, the odds of us staying onsite just went down, too. Maybe we'd stay in a condo or vacation home offsite and have roomier accomodations for the same money (or less). We do enjoy staying onsite and would probably still do it, but it's not a slam-dunk.

Same here. The DDP is the one and only reason that we're still planning to stay on site despite the new smoking policy. If it were to be less inclusive (effectively, an 18% or more increase, since our TS meals at Disney are usually equal to or great than the plan's cost), it wouldn't be worth it. And if the DDP wasn't worth it, staying on site wouldn't be worth it.

Nope, we will be canceling our planned trip completely if they intend to make us pay for the gratuity. FD isn't such a fab deal, having to pay rack rate which I would never, ever do otherwise. We thought we'd give it a try but if it doesn't work for us, oh well. I have other issues about being nickel and dimed by Disney right now anyway.

We will wait for AP discounts, renew our APs and get a DDE card. We've found that is truly the least expensive way to stay on-site at Disney.

I'd like to hear the source of this info - why is this an issue now? Why didn't they announce their intention of removing the pre-paid gratuity BEFORE starting the FD promotion? I will think its slimy if they try to sneak this into already booked reservations.

ITA. If they change the policy and apply the new rules to already booked trips, we will cancel. It's not the extra tip, it's WDW standing behind what it sold. We only booked on sight for the DDP and we just lucked out with the FD.

This wouldn't be a great bargin for us. We love not carrying money with us. The all-inclusive nature is the appeal. Without the dining plan, our choice of restuarants would be different. We also would not order as much food. The dining plan is our way of "living in up" on vacation!:banana:

My math may be wrong but why do the %s on the poll add up to 117%? Shouldn't it total 100%?
Oh and I voted -No, it would not be worth it to our family plus the convenience factor would be gone.

I think 18% is a pretty good tip for the servers if it was not included they would probably get a lower tip from quite a few people and not even get close to that 18%. I think it should stay the way it is. Would I buy it without the tip included probably not.

We would not buy the dining plan if it didn't include the tip. We are only saving $10 as it is. Actually, we are spending more in the long run, because w/o it we would bring food from home and use CS instead. I like it for the convenience.

My math may be wrong but why do the %s on the poll add up to 117%? Shouldn't it total 100%?
Oh and I voted -No, it would not be worth it to our family plus the convenience factor would be gone.

The extra 17% is the gratuity.:rotfl:

because you can check more than one option. so people were double voting in a sense....so only say example of 25 people voted but there were a total of 27 votes

Yes, I wonder why it's urgent as well.

They do tend to poll people a lot on food there, particularly the dining plan.

It could have been one of the questions posed in the poll.....

It's not.

Actually, this IS an urgent post. Thanks for all the replies.

Anyone who keeps up with Disney news must surely know that the new union contract between disney and its employees has not been agreed upon. The old contract was extended for a week as further bargaining and negotiating continues. Please read between the lines here and then understand the urgency (urgent if you like things the way they are now and don't want that to change). Letting Disney know how you feel is important.

I say yes! That way I control the amount of tip the server earns. If they know they are getting a tip as with the DDP their service may not be as great as it would if they had to earn it.

Please read between the lines here and then understand the urgency (urgent if you like things the way they are now and don't want that to change). Letting Disney know how you feel is important.
This is not sound foundation for either your claim of urgency nor your claim that the handwriting is on the wall. Not one person, at Disney nor at the union, has publicly said Word One about this kind of thing being within the realm of consideration during contract negotiations.

Please, folks, don't read between the lines. Take things at face value, and don't fall into a trap of getting yourself upset about something which is, at this point, nothing more than a random prognostication.

Actually, this IS an urgent post. Thanks for all the replies.

Anyone who keeps up with Disney news must surely know that the new union contract between disney and its employees has not been agreed upon. The old contract was extended for a week as further bargaining and negotiating continues. Please read between the lines here and then understand the urgency (urgent if you like things the way they are now and don't want that to change). Letting Disney know how you feel is important.

If the contract has been agreed then isn't this a little late?

I think you missed the word "not" in his message. "Not" been agreed upon.

According to published reports, and contrary to what the OP seems to be alluding to, the contract negotiations are going well, with most issues already resolved.

I think you missed the word "not" in his message. "Not" been agreed upon.

According to published reports, and contrary to what the OP seems to be alluding to, the contract negotiations are going well, with most issues already resolved.

Whoops. Post blindness

I probably would not buy the DDP if it were not all inclusive. I like it the way it is now. I might be willing to pay a little more though. But I won't go thru the hassel of trying to figure tips and carry lots of extra cash to loose or be stolen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter