Upscale Restaurants

lovewdwdvc

DIS Veteran
When we go to WDW usually we stay on property and eat at the very nice restaurants. This time we will have a vehicle and are hoping to find some nice off property eateries. Our idea of a nice place to eat is an adult beverage followed by a great entree and dessert with coffee or another adult beverage. Suggestions are needed. Thanks in advance.

Ocean Prime in Dr Phillips near Universal, wonderful food and atmosphere, one of the nicest places we have ever eaten.........also Eddie V's, Ruth's Chris, Mortons Steakhouse, Roy's, Flemings, Christini's and Big Fin Seafood.....all in same area......can't go wrong with any of them.........

Oceanaire Seafood at Point Orlando is one of the best places around that area............

Bull and Bear at the Waldorf Astoria is wonderful!

Last edited:

Ocean Prime in Dr Phillips near Universal, wonderful food and atmosphere, one of the nicest places we have ever eaten.........also Eddie V's, Ruth's Chris, Mortons Steakhouse, Roy's, Flemings, Christini's and Big Fin Seafood.....all in same area......can't go wrong with any of them.........

Oceanaire Seafood at Point Orlando is one of the best places around that area............

Bull and Bear at the Waldorf Astoria is wonderful!

Can't recommend these restaurants enough to people looking to eat off property. We live on "Restaurant Row" (which is actually Sand Lake Rd.) in Dr. Phillips and frequent all of these restaurants. Capital Grill on I-Drive is also very good.

All of the restaurants on "Restaurant Row" are no more than a mile from each other. Most are in the same complex or right across the street from each other.

What are the price range for these restaurants & what would sway us to drive to Dr. Phillips on Sand Lake rd.?

What are the price range for these restaurants & what would sway us to drive to Dr. Phillips on Sand Lake rd.?

Depending on how many are in your party, there can be a very broad price range. My wife and I have eaten at all of the restaurants listed above and have had bills of $200 to $2,000. Christini's will be the most expensive by far of all the restaurant along Restaurant Row in Dr. Phillips. Their menu typically does not have prices listed, just to give you an idea of what type of restaurant it is.

The "sway" of Dr. Phillips is that these restaurants are not on Disney property so you should have no issues getting a table with or without reservations. Though they are recommended for sure. The meals will be much, much better (in my opinion) than nearly any restaurant on Disney property.

Roco's Tacos is a main stay in this area, though it is not an "upscale" restaurant. It's more like a night club at night that serves good Mexican food. It can get very loud and it is always very busy. Especially on the weekends.

If you are into Korean food at all. One of our favourite restaurants in all of Orlando is not far from these spots, called Bee Won Korean Cuisine. Great service and awesome food.

Are you staying at Disney? There's really nothing else in the area that is going to compare to the ambiance and quality to the Restaurant Row eateries.

One of my favorites on Sand Lake is called Seasons 52.. It's a little bit cheaper than some of the others, as entrees are all $16-26. The atmosphere is beautiful.

Pharmacy is another really cool restaurant. It's a modern speakeasy; it's even hidden behind a faux elevator door. Really great locally sourced menu.

A new restaurant, Slate, is getting really good reviews too.

If you are willing to drive further, Winter Park is a gorgeous town north of Orlando that has some of Central Florida's most celebrated restaurants. Luma on Park, Prato, Ravenous Pig, and Cask and Larder are just a few of the critically acclaimed restaurants in that area. It's worth the drive just to check out the town, which has a walkable downtown area.

Thank you Eddie,

So are there any Restaurants in the $ 30 price range to make me drive to Sand Lake area ?

Or to sway people to eat out away from Disney Food ?

We are on Hwy 27 area with many fine restaurants that serve good food at $ 20 to $ 40 price range

so why drive 30 miles or so to eat at Sand Lake Area Convince Me Please

Thank you Eddie,

So are there any Restaurants in the $ 30 price range to make me drive to Sand Lake area ?

Or to sway people to eat out away from Disney Food ?

We are on Hwy 27 area with many fine restaurants that serve good food at $ 20 to $ 40 price range

so why drive 30 miles or so to eat at Sand Lake Area Convince Me Please

Because the restaurants on Sand Lake are some of the most applauded in Central Florida. You can find dishes in the $20 to $40 price range, easily. All the restaurants I mentioned above have entrees in that range. Plus, Dr. Phillips is only about 15 minutes from Disney Springs, so it's really not that hard to get there from property.

Are you staying at Disney? There's really nothing else in the area that is going to compare to the ambiance and quality to the Restaurant Row eateries.

One of my favorites on Sand Lake is called Seasons 52.. It's a little bit cheaper than some of the others, as entrees are all $16-26. The atmosphere is beautiful.

Pharmacy is another really cool restaurant. It's a modern speakeasy; it's even hidden behind a faux elevator door. Really great locally sourced menu.

A new restaurant, Slate, is getting really good reviews too.

If you are willing to drive further, Winter Park is a gorgeous town north of Orlando that has some of Central Florida's most celebrated restaurants. Luma on Park, Prato, Ravenous Pig, and Cask and Larder are just a few of the critically acclaimed restaurants in that area. It's worth the drive just to check out the town, which has a walkable downtown area.

I've heard about Pharmacy, it sounds very cool......like their weird website......lol......also going to try Ravenous Pig this year.......glad to see another recommendation for it........

Hope the OP comes back to tell us if they decided on anything yet........

As I said in my post we are on Hwy 27 which is 15 to 20 miles from Disney Springs And Disney Hotels

So I would have to pass many good places to eat , Longhorn Steak House, Olive Gardens,Texas Roadhouse, Manny's Chop House ,

Millers Ale House , Gaylordpalms etc to even arrive at Disney Springs

I would have to pass many good places to eat , Longhorn Steak House, Olive Gardens,Texas Roadhouse
You're talking about two entirely different things. Those are low-end chain restaurants, one step above fast food. The places on Sand Lake Road are, for the most part, upscale, fine dining restaurants (which is the topic of this thread).

That said, I doubt I'd drive 30 miles to get to them. Maybe for a special occasion but not routinely. There are probably decent restaurants closer to you though I can't say for sure as I don't know exactly where you are and I'm not that familiar with the 27 corridor.

Last edited:
As I said in my post we are on Hwy 27 which is 15 to 20 miles from Disney Springs And Disney Hotels

So I would have to pass many good places to eat , Longhorn Steak House, Olive Gardens,Texas Roadhouse, Manny's Chop House ,

You can't possibly compare Darden chain restaurants and Ale House to the restaurants in Dr. Phillips. If you don't want to drive over the Orange County line, that's fine, but you're only depriving yourself of a plethora of outstanding dining experiences.

Thanks for the replies. We are very willing to drive 20-30 minutes for a great meal. we love to spend a couple of hours or more having a couple of drinks and a great meal. Not sure which ones to try but this is exactly what I wanted. Thanks.

Aren't you pulling this a little :offtopic:?

The OP had a fairly specific question that is being well answered. And I for one have now added a couple of new eateries to the list of "to try" places on Restaurant Row. Most of the places you list are not what I would call "upscale". Good, perhaps, but the OP wanted something specific.

BTW another +1 for Seasons 52. Have been a handful of times; always enjoyable.

ETA: should have read down to Steve's response. Mine's a ditto of that.

I think that we are looking in the $35 - $100 price range.

Ocean Prime is one of our favourites........we went twice last year and wish we had gone more. Our first night I think we were $340 that was cocktails in the bar, then two apps and two mains with sides and wine........and for two of us. We had no room for dessert.

Our second night we were slightly less as we didn't have a bottle of wine I think.......but well worth it....they really were two of the best meals we ate in Orlando.

You can't possibly compare Darden chain restaurants and Ale House to the restaurants in Dr. Phillips. If you don't want to drive over the Orange County line, that's fine, but you're only depriving yourself of a plethora of outstanding dining experiences.

Absolutely correct.

We do go to Longhorn......but we know it's cheap and cheerful.......but there is a massive difference between Restaurant Row area and normal restaurants.

I never understood the obsession folk have with Manny's Chop House, we thought it was awful and so over rated......but it's always busy..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter