Upscale restaurants?

1) Upscale price, yes.
2) Upscale food, few.
3) Upscale atmosphere, some.
4) DDP has really killed the Signature eateries.
. . . menu items are reduced
. . . unique items have been removed or standardized
. . . the diners have little decorum
5) The only sit down eateries we still patronize are,
. . . Bistro de Paris (Epcot, France, upstairs)
. . . Citricos (Grand Floridian Resort)
. . . Todd English Blue Zoo (Dolphin Resort)
. . . Shula's Steakhouse (Dolphin Resort)
. . . Il Mulino (Swan Resort)

NOTE: Obviously, V&A is upscale, but for us that is for special occasions.

I'd have to add Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club to that list as well. The food was fantastic and the service outstanding!

Food Wise I would say Artist Point, Cali Grill, and Citricos all fill the fine dining roll. We enjoyed the food at all of these!

I'd add Jiko but then I haven't been there since December. Never gone near Shula's (I don't order steak) but I love Bluezoo.

I agree completely with Bluezoo, Citricos, and Bistro ... haven't tried Shula's or Il Mulino and probably won't.

We really enjoy Flying Fish as well.

I agree completely with Bluezoo, Citricos, and Bistro ... haven't tried Shula's or Il Mulino and probably won't.

:scared1: Say it isn't so!! :scared1: You simply must try Il Mulino one time, if for nothing else than chilled Limoncello and the 'Boo Berry' face on the Tiramisu....

:scared1: Say it isn't so!! :scared1: You simply must try Il Mulino one time, if for nothing else than chilled Limoncello and the 'Boo Berry' face on the Tiramisu....

I can't seem to fit it into this upcoming trip, but your recommendation carries a lot of weight. Our guests this fall like Italian, so perhaps I can persuade them to try Il Mulino ... they want that place in Epcot ... :eek:

Flying Fish is on my list. The food is consistently of a high quality and the service impeccable. I find the menu imaginative and unique! Can't wait to dine there in a couple of weeks.

--penny

I would like the following (spacing is intentional for rank):

V&As

bluezoo
Citricos

Il Mulino
Shula's
Jiko
Yachtsman's

Cali Grill
Artist Point

Flying Fish

I cannot speak to Bistro or Wolfgang Puck Upstairs - never been to either, but others have listed those as being in this range. This is still 10 pretty nice places from which to choose, and I did not even mention Le Cellier (which some love) or Coral Reef (another I haven't tried but some love).

Thanks for reminding me Mickey Man ...

Wolfgang Puck's Upstairs Dining Room was very very good when we dined there last fall. It was just as good as Bluezoo or Citricos in our opinion. :thumbsup2

I have to second Wolf Gang Upstairs. We had a fantastic meal there on our last adult trip.

We usually try and hit one of these everytime we go for a "special" meal:

Califorina Grill
Narcossee's
Yacht's Steakhouse

We've dined at Jiko's and while it was very nice the selection is a little on the adventerous side for me. (meat and potatoe kinda guy).

Back in the day the Empress Lilly was THE fancy place for dining .. people even dressed up :)

You can absolutely have a special meal at Disney with excellent food and atmosphere. We love Artist Point, Jiko, California Grill, and Yachtsman Steakhouse. We are go to Citricos for the first time in Sept. Some day we will go to V&A, but that we be a couples only trip not a family vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter