Upper Levels @ Grand Californian

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Can anyone tell me if the upper floors at the Grand is for everyone or for concierage (probably spelling this wrong)?

The rooms on the upper floor (6) are concierge. You can get to them no problem. there is a concierge lounge onthe 6th floor as well that you need to show your room key when you go on.

We have stayed onthat level several times....it's very nice.

Non conceirge guests can get a room on the 6th floor but you wouldn't of course have access to the lounge unless you paid for the conceirge level.

I was told by a hotel cast member that the concerierge rooms were all on the inside of the hotel, facing the "atrium". Also, I've stayed on the 6th floor in a DD view. :flower:

I'd like a room on a higher level (hopefully facing DTD & DL), but was not sure if they were blocked off.

Terk-1 said:
I'd like a room on a higher level (hopefully facing DTD & DL), but was not sure if they were blocked off.

Congratulations on staying at the Grand Californian. You will love it!
Rooms are usually booked for the views, and you usually have to pay more for them. DTD views typically run at least $25/night more than standard views, while theme park views usually run over $50 more per night over standard view rooms (more during peak season). There's always a chance that you can be upgraded, but if you really want a premium view room, you might want to call back and see if you can reserve (and pay) for one. By the way, some of the DTD views are a fair distance from the elevators.

Terk-1 said:

I'm not sure why you are wanting an upper level room-maybe hoping to see the fireworks? Just an FYI, there are very few rooms that you can see the fireworks from, and even then, it is obstructed. We've stayed on the 6th and 4th floor facing Downtown Disney, and were actually more disapointed with the upper level. We could see the fireworks, but it was somewhat obstruced from the top, but the upper level is lacking in the same Downtown Disney atmosphere as the lower level. The lower level room we had was so nice-we could open our door and hear the music of DD in our room. There was a violin player right outside our window that was wonderful! When the door was closed we could not hear anything. I loved walking out on the balcony and feeling like we were a part of DD. On the upper level, I felt farther away-the sounds weren't the same, the roof line made it harder to see below, etc.... I love the DD view, but the DD rooms are also a walk from the elevators. There was a staircase you could use to go straight down to where you walk out of the hotel, which was easier, but stairs are tiring to go up at the end of the night-especially to 6! :)

We had a 5th floor DTD view room (it was the top floor in that area). We were very excited, because we had only reserved a standard view room.

We had a fairly good view of the fireworks, we thought, except that there was a building right in line from our room blocking some things (it would only have blocked 2 or 3 rooms). If I had paid for the DTD view, I would have been upset. Since I hadn't, it was great!

We could not see the castle (and I think there would be very few rooms, if any, where you could), but I think many rooms would be able to. To have the best view of Disneyland, I'd ask for one over the esplanade area.

We are in Room 3165 as I type! We LOVE this room :Pinkbounc
We are right above the Quiksilver Store, across from Naples. We have spent many hours on the balcony enjoying the sights, sounds and people watching. I think the 3rd & 4th floors are best for DTD view. We did not request DTD for a fireworks view, we watch those inside DL :earsboy:

Oh, and that guy playing the weird looking violin - he sells a ton of CD's down there, he and his two blond friends manning the booth (one seems like a sister, the other his GF?) are very busy raking in the dough.

Anyway, any room at the Grand is great, but view rooms do add a lot to the vacation experience IMHO.

I think "upper floor" is relative, at the Grand. There are only 6 floors, and only the top is concierge. You get a great view from the 4th floor in a theme park view. However, it adds biggggg bucks to the cost. We decided that for our next trip, we would book standard view and stay an extra night.

Dobie said:
I think "upper floor" is relative, at the Grand. There are only 6 floors, and only the top is concierge. You get a great view from the 4th floor in a theme park view. However, it adds biggggg bucks to the cost. We decided that for our next trip, we would book standard view and stay an extra night.

Just an FYI, only the top is not concierge. There are Downtown Disney view rooms on the top floor that are not concierge. :)

That is correct, all the rooms on the 6th floor are not concierge but if you book concierge, they put you on the 6th floor. There are all types of different views from that level. We were on a corner (sorry - I don't remember the room#) and could look right into DL and see the fireworks. We also had a view of DTD and the World of Disney store.

The rooms are great no matter what level/room you get. But be careful, if you don't want to walk to far from the elevators - let the GC know. Some of the rooms are quite a walk!

Desiree

Thanks for the info. I was just curious. I think I'd rather be closer to an elevator, than have an incredible view for more $$. I'll be happy wherever. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter