Upgrading tickets already purchased after price change?

Crystal2732

Earning My Ears
We currently have six day park hopper tickets for our January trip and are planning a no-park day in the middle, but figured there was some chance we’d decide to do a partial day at a park since it costs so little to add a seventh day.

With the price increase coming tomorrow, I’m wondering about how adding a day during our trip would work. Would we be able to upgrade at the (new) cost of adding a seventh day or we would essentially have to pay the difference between the old and new pricing for the whole ticket?

I’d rather wait and see if want the extra day before adding it and I don’t mind if that cost goes up a bit, but I’m starting to wonder if it makes more sense to upgrade now.

Does anyone know how Disney usually handles this?

We currently have six day park hopper tickets for our January trip and are planning a no-park day in the middle, but figured there was some chance we’d decide to do a partial day at a park since it costs so little to add a seventh day.

With the price increase coming tomorrow, I’m wondering about how adding a day during our trip would work. Would we be able to upgrade at the (new) cost of adding a seventh day or we would essentially have to pay the difference between the old and new pricing for the whole ticket?

I’d rather wait and see if want the extra day before adding it and I don’t mind if that cost goes up a bit, but I’m starting to wonder if it makes more sense to upgrade now.

Does anyone know how Disney usually handles this?
I have heard that any ticket adjustments will be processed as if the whole ticket was purchased AFTER the price increase.
Perhaps someone with more experience can chime in.

As it turns out, the decision is out-of-your-hands at this point, I think. I was trying to make a separate ticket purchase tonight, 10:30pm Eastern time Dec.7 and the website would not allow it, said "servers are updating, come back later."... I tried for over an hour, including refreshing, logout/login, rebooting computer. Nothing works, they turned off purchasing in the evening so nobody can purchase until the Dec.8 prices start tomorrow.
Am pretty disappointed in Disney. Again.

Historically, any changes to tickets purchased under old pricing required the upgrade to the entire ticket to match the new pricing. Since it's now 11:58, if the change goes in at midnight, it's anticipated that if you adjust your tickets you will need to pay the entire difference between what you paid and the new total.

Time will only tell but this is historically how price changes were handled at Disney.

I bought my tickets yesterday for a May trip with 7 day park hoppers and Magic Maker. Checked it this morning to compare:

Yesterday my total (2 adults, 1 child, 7 day Park Hopper, starting date May 3) was $2,308.

Today the total is $2,506.

Around a $200 increase or a bit less than 10% increase. Going to be great next year when my youngest turns 3 and we have to pay for him also!!!

I’ve been stalking reservations to open for Magic Kingdom on January 1st and they did last night. I bought 1 day 1 park adult tickets at about 11:50pm last night for $154 - this morning they are $184. So almost a 20% increase on that ticket, but that’s probably the worst case scenario for increases (1 day at MK on a holiday).

I’ve been stalking reservations to open for Magic Kingdom on January 1st and they did last night. I bought 1 day 1 park adult tickets at about 11:50pm last night for $154 - this morning they are $184. So almost a 20% increase on that ticket, but that’s probably the worst case scenario for increases (1 day at MK on a holiday).
I had MK Thanksgiving Day ticket for 2023 in my cart. Each ticket went from 159 to 189 today.

I’ve been stalking reservations to open for Magic Kingdom on January 1st and they did last night. I bought 1 day 1 park adult tickets at about 11:50pm last night...
I'm jealous! I seriously tried for an hour last night between 10:30 EST and 11:45... ticket purchasing & hotel purchasing were non-functioning. I'm glad it worked for someone.

Hollywood Studios increased $20 for early March. (14%) Animal Kingdom had the smallest increase, $5.

Inflation is NOT 14% nor 20%, so Disney is definitely price-gouging its customers. Disney themeparks are unique in their class of entertainment, so I suppose they will continue to harvest as much money as customers will give them. But at $150/day minimum cost, only high-income kids will get a chance to feel the magic.

Disney is continuing to advertise a base cost of $109.
But... this price is ONLY available the middle of the week from mid-Aug thru September.
Yes, you read right, the price Disney is now advertising on its main ticket page is only available 20 of the next 365 days. And the ONLY park at base price is Animal Kingdom.
Hollywood, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom are not available at the base price, ever, for the next year.
Bait & Switch is allowed for large corporations like Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter