Upgrading questions

Youneek1

Earning My Ears
We have an upcoming cruise in February, and while I am not thinking we will want to upgrade at the port, I'd just like some general info about upgrading, just in case. We are a party of 5, traveling in a delux family verandah room, so really only upgrade would be to concierge. Not opposed to the onboard perks of concierge, just not important at this point for us to intentionally book that level. When upgrading, do you get any type of deal or discount?

We travel in CAT 4 (party of 5). On our last cruise out of Manhattan 2 weeks ago, the upgrade to CAT V (verandah concierge - same type of room as our 04B but with the Concierge amenities) was a $640 upcharge at the port.

We travel in CAT 4 (party of 5). On our last cruise out of Manhattan 2 weeks ago, the upgrade to CAT V (verandah concierge - same type of room as our 04B but with the Concierge amenities) was a $640 upcharge at the port.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was wondering. And, that sounds like an awesome deal. I hope your family had a great time. Definitely sounds like at least something to look into at the terminal.

It seems the only upgrade that saves you significant money compared to what you were able to get just before the closing of the cruise (so 4 days before sailing) is if you choose to upgrade to Concierge. It will cost you the nearly the same thing to move, for example, from an inside to an outside if you do it at the port, so it is not worth it to wait considering you might miss out if you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter