Upgrading one park tickets to park-to-park on site?

YawningDodo

DIS Veteran
I bought my tickets to WDW from Undercover Tourist a couple weeks ago. I'd been intending to just buy my one day Universal ticket at the gate, but UT had a slight discount on Universal tickets when I was shopping there so I went ahead and tossed that ticket onto my order as well. I bought a one park/one day ticket because the plan is to just take a taxi over from WDW for one day mid-trip and I thought limiting myself to one park would help stop me from stretching myself too thin trying to do everything in one day. The plan as it stands is to hit IoA with Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure as my first priority and Kong as my second since those are both new to me. My trip is in January, so my fingers are crossed that Hagrid's gets better in terms of reliability and shorter waits over the next six months rather than worse. In general I prefer IoA over UO; I'm into dinosaurs and Marvel as well as Harry Potter so it has more general theme appeal, and most of my favorite Universal rides are on the IoA side. When I set out my plans originally, I felt very confident I could happily spend the entire day there and not miss UO.

Now that it's locked in, I feel less confident in that assessment. I really like both of the Harry Potter areas and the Hogwarts Express, and while most of the rides at UO are not "must do" level for me, I do really like Revenge of the Mummy as well. What are the logistics on upgrading a ticket once you're at the park? I'm assuming Universal will let me do so since it means more money for them, but is that something I'd have to do at the ticket booth before entry, or can I decide partway through the day that I want to turn my ticket into park-to-park? I'm honestly torn because I do still think there's enough at IoA to keep me busy, but a stop in UO to make the rounds of Diagon Alley and hit up a couple other rides would be fun as well.

You can do it at any time during the day and if I'm not mistaken you can even do it at the entry for hogwarts Express while in the parks

Yes, if you decide to do it, there is a ticket booth at hogwarts train station to do just that, upgrade your ticket to park to park as you can not do the train without a park to park ticket.

That's great news--and maybe I shouldn't be surprised that Universal has set up a ticket booth to snag people in my situation right at the Hogwarts Express! That puts my mind at ease, since I know I can wait and see once I get there whether it seems like a good day to park hop or if it's better to stay put in IoA. Very convenient.

Also, I've set aside money in my budget for the Express Pass without actually buying one in advance, since my understanding is that it can be added on during the day as well? I don't expect to need it since they have so many single rider lines, but if I decide to do both parks it may be worth the double splurge depending on how the crowds look. Dunno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter