• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading from a GTY 11A to a VGT for $300...would you do it?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Seems like a no brainer, no? We are in an inside stateroom now, but for only $300 I can upgrade to a verandah.

We will lose our excursions, but hopefully get right back in and rebook the slots they release.

I was going to wait to see if there were upgrades available at the port, but that is not a guarantee, and I think it would cost more than $300.

Like Nike says...I'm just going to DO IT

Actually, I bought $300 of Disney Egift cards on Target.com , so with my RedCard discount, I only paid $285

Seems like a no brainer, no? We are in an inside stateroom now, but for only $300 I can upgrade to a verandah.

We will lose our excursions, but hopefully get right back in and rebook the slots they release.

I was going to wait to see if there were upgrades available at the port, but that is not a guarantee, and I think it would cost more than $300.

Like Nike says...I'm just going to DO IT

Depends on the number of days... if its a week? YES. A 3 or 4 nighter I might not.

Will you have any penalty to cancel your current reservation and book the VGT? VGT requires a new booking, not just changing your current reservation. Once past the PIF date, there are penalties to cancel; how much depends on how close to the sail date.

If you've already taken any penalty into account and the VGT is still just $300 more... go for it!

Enjoy your cruise!

Will you have any penalty to cancel your current reservation and book the VGT? VGT requires a new booking, not just changing your current reservation. Once past the PIF date, there are penalties to cancel; how much depends on how close to the sail date.

If you've already taken any penalty into account and the VGT is still just $300 more... go for it!

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, in the penalty phase for losing deposit. The entire cruise fare came in at $206 LESS than what I was paying for the inside stateroom. So, losing the $506 deposit, I have to pay $300 to upgrade.

Since you are already in a GTY category and can't pick your room anyway, I'd vote for switching to VGT. If you had chosen a room it would be a harder call because you could be sacrificing a good location. But $300 is a good deal.

Note: if I were you, I would book the VGT room before canceling your old one. I would be nervous of cancelling and then finding out that rate was no longer available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter