Upgrading Air Miles (CDN Discounted) Tickets

CanadaDisney05

DIS Veteran
I purchased a 7 day - single park ticket from Air Miles earlier this year and would like to upgrade to an annual pass. Which current ticket price will I receive as a credit for the upgrade? Is it the cost of the 7 day, single park ticket, flex date add-on included?

If the ticket you received is a CDN discount ticket, like you mention in the title of the thread, you will only receive the dollar value of that ticket as if you paid cash. It won't matter if you use the ticket before you try to upgrade it BTW that's a loophole that was closed years ago. I'll do a search to see if I can track down how much it will be worth.

If the ticket you received is a CDN discount ticket, like you mention in the title of the thread, you will only receive the dollar value of that ticket as if you paid cash. It won't matter if you use the ticket before you try to upgrade it BTW that's a loophole that was closed years ago. I'll do a search to see if I can track down how much it will be worth.

What would the dollar value be given that the discounted ticket is no longer available?

What would the dollar value be given that the discounted ticket is no longer available?
when you go to upgrade to an AP they will scan the park ticket to find out what was the price paid for that ticket -- does not matter if the discounted offer is still available or not?
you will get whatever the ticket price was for the canada offer on a 7 day one park per day ticket.

when you go to upgrade to an AP they will scan the park ticket to find out what was the price paid for that ticket -- does not matter if the discounted offer is still available or not?
you will get whatever the ticket price was for the canada offer on a 7 day one park per day ticket.
Ugh.... the way they made it sound on the phone was if I go in person at the park, they would give me the value of the ticket as if it was purchased today.... do these people not go through any training?

Ugh.... the way they made it sound on the phone was if I go in person at the park, they would give me the value of the ticket as if it was purchased today.... do these people not go through any training?
It's a well know fact that the phone CM's are not 100% up on a lot of things. It is quite possible that the person you spoke with has no idea what type of ticket you are talking about. Also, remember that the folks on the phone are not even located at WDW. It's an offsite call centre.

It's a well know fact that the phone CM's are not 100% up on a lot of things. It is quite possible that the person you spoke with has no idea what type of ticket you are talking about. Also, remember that the folks on the phone are not even located at WDW. It's an offsite call centre.
Ya, that's why I called 4 different times. But like you said, they are not usually correct.

From the airmiles thread post #18,819, Apr 30, 2019 per Days in the Sun

"Here are the USD values of the currently listed DW airmiles tickets quoted at guest services Disney Springs this morning:

5 day Canadian $315.35
7 day Canadian $332.60
7 day flex $469.67

Confirmed flex ticket twice and all prices after tax."

So you might be looking at $469.67 but as with all upgrades your quoted cost to upgrade will depend on the CM you get doing the calculation.

"Here are the USD values of the currently listed DW airmiles tickets quoted at guest services Disney Springs this morning:

5 day Canadian $315.35
7 day Canadian $332.60
7 day flex $469.67

So you might be looking at $469.67 but as with all upgrades your quoted cost to upgrade will depend on the CM you get doing the calculation.
THANKS! I spent forever trying to track this down but my darned bread kept needing to be dealt with :P

@CanadaDisney05 Since you have a discounted ticket I would go in expecting to get the $332.60 price quoted above.

5 day Canadian $315.35
7 day Canadian $332.60
7 day flex $469.67

Also a quote from Days in the Sun from a post on May 8:

October 2018 flexible date prices (https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/ticket-prices.htm) :

upload_2019-5-8_16-55-29.png

7 day $490+6.5%tax = $521.85

I have two of these tickets and am hoping for this price when I go in August.

So right now I see airmiles has single day tickets. It does not mention Canadian discount (I think). If I get the 7day base ticket, I should be able to upgrade to 9 days by going to Disney's website and calculate the current difference between o and 7 days?

So right now I see airmiles has single day tickets. It does not mention Canadian discount (I think). If I get the 7day base ticket, I should be able to upgrade to 9 days by going to Disney's website and calculate the current difference between o and 7 days?
Be VERY careful with those tickets. Make sure you read all the details. The day they popped up there was a pair that were already expired. They also had MNSSHP tickets that were for the next day....oddly, it was 3 tickets for the 30th which was what I had ordered 2 weeks before through the personal shopper.

Which tickets are you referring to, the 3-5-7 day flexible date ones expiring December 31 2019 posted under dream rewards? This year's experience from board members including myself is they are not full price tickets and you will get a credit towards the 9 day ones. However no one has yet to post about the value of the batch that is currently available.

Yeah. I believe I lost the discount
Would you mind sharing what ticket you upgrade you did and how much you ended up paying? It would help others make a decision before they redeem miles for tickets if they are intending to upgrade when the get to Disney.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter