Upgraded!!!!!

eeyore65

DIS Veteran
Just to let people know - upgrades do happen - just got back from 3 day and we were in a Cat.3. The day before they called DH and said we were upgraded to Suite 8030 - that's the Walt E. Disney Suite!!!! Don't know how we got so lucky but we had the time of our lives. Spoiled cruising for us and our 3 yo forever!

Feel free to ask any questions!

We're in cat. 6. I wonder who we have to "talk" to to get moved up?

Hey Disney! It'll be our honeymoon!!!! Wink! Wink!

How wonderful for you... We are booked in a Cat 3 next June and I sure wouldn't mind moving in with "Walt" for a week... That's awesome.. Good for you.

Omg!!! Very Very cool, we're booked in a cat 3 suite for December 2003 and I didn't think there would be any chance of upgrades at all from that room. I'm not expecting it but at least now I know it's not unheard of!

How many bedrooms in the cat 1 suites?

We had two seperate bedrooms, five TVs and 2 1/2 baths. master bath was unbelievable.

Our 3 yo kept telling everyone we had a piano in our room! We had lots of guests from the ship over to take a look.

Concierge service was just amazing...I'm sure you will love your cat.3.

That's so cool.

We got one of the "large" Cat 3 rooms, and I'm thrilled to death with that. We're going for our vow renewal and I wanted to be sure that there was enough room to have guests over.

It's *so* cool that you got upgraded. Congrats again! :smooth:

Only in my dreams!!
Congratulations, hope you enjoyed every minute :D

I wish I hadn't read this thread...

Now I am going to be waiting for the phone to ring! ;)

We have a cat 3 for our cruise next month... How awesome would that be to get a cat 2 or 1 upgrade! :)

The question is, how and why do these upgrades occur? Do they have an overbooking of cat 3's, then 'bump' people to cat 2 based on their booking dates?? Did you get an upgrade because somebody cancelled their cat 2 ressie?? I just wonder what it takes for this to happen, because I want it to happen to ME! :)

'Beano'

Beano, they are even rarer than someone getting upgraded to a suite. :)

The Cat. 1s and 2s on the 7-night cruise are FULLY BOOKED for as long as DCL is booking. It is beyond extremely unlikely that you would get upgraded to a Cat. 1 on your 7-night cruise, they just aren't available at all on the 7-night cruises. There is more a chance (slim, rather than none) on the WONDER because they do not always fill up the Cat. 1s and 2s on those sailings. Most of the time they do, but not always.

No matter what you're going to LOVE your suite! :)

Congratulations on the upgrade!!!! I bet that was truly awesome!!!

I would love to get upgraded. We are in catagory 11 so we have a lot of room to grow.LOL

Donna

Way To GO! I haven't been on these boards for a few months and just decided to take a look. Yours was the first post I saw! What a GREAT experience for you! We had that suite last May and had a very nice time.(but we paid full price--long story) It's nice to hear that good things do still happen every once in a while.
Who was your room hostess? How about the concierge team? Servers? Just wondering if you had any of the people we had.

Lisa :D

eeyore65 -
What a great break !! Isn't that suite amazing ? We were in it 2 years ago for a 4 day cruise (Nov 2000). As soon as we got home we tried for that suite again for a 7 day cruise and the only one left for the entire year of 2002 was the week we got (11/2/2002) which we booked on the spot. After a 2 year wait, we only have 39 more days to go. Can't wait. As I have said before, the only problem with staying in a category 1 suite is that you will be spoiled forever and will never be happy in any other room on that ship. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the cruise and the suite. We 'll
say hello to Walt for you in Nov.

Don't forget all cat. 3,2,1 people at the terminal you don't have to wait in that lllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggg line. You don't have to arrive at the terminal early because you go right to the front of the line and are one of the first people on the ship!
Have fun!:cool:

We leave in 2 weeks - We are 4 adults + 1 child in a cat 4. An upgrade would be soooooo wonderful.

Come On Phone - RRRRiiiiinnngggg.

I hope when they call it doesn't show up as "out of area" on the caller i.d. because I always pick up the phone and hang up thinking it's probably a sales call. Anyone know for sure???
Ann

Hey Howard- You going to share your good luck in getting cabin with fellow Jerseyian's? (LOL)
We'd be happy to come up and visit you anytime.. See ya in November.. Cheers, Gary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter