Upgraded -- is this good?

Prose

DIS Veteran
We just got word that we have been upgraded! We were in one of the secret verandah rooms -- 6634 -- which we were totally in love with. We just heard from our TA that we have been upgraded to 8094 -- a cat 4!

Pros...more space, one flight under the drink station, pool, etc., but not right under the pool so less noise. Cons - solid wall instead of plexi, further aft.

There are only 3 of us, so the # of beds is not an issue.

So should we go with the upgrade or stick with our original assignment? Can we even do that? Thoughts?

I would definitely take the upgrade. The larger square footage of the stateroom and the slightly improved layout will more than make up for being farther aft.

While I haven't been on a cruise yet, I'd definitely take the upgrade!!!

I'll trade with you!! I think it is great. We stayed in I believe it was 8574 last time and LOVED it. Each morning I got up and strolled up one deck to get my coffee in my REALLY BIG MUG. Also, if I needed something while at the pool it was just one floor down back to the room. The location is great to the restaurants and it was really quiet there. I'm not sure about the motion that far back but it couldn't be that different from where we were. I would read the reviews on here if you haven't already done that. Good luck!

Congrats on the upgrade. I would take it if I were you. I am new to cruising but it seems like a good deal. Hope you have a magical vacation.:yay:

I'm thinking I would want to keep the plexiglass, if you plan to sit out on the veranda and take in the view, you won't be able to do this with a solid wall. If there is just the 3 of you, I don't think you will really need the extra space that the upgrade is giving you. So I guess you need to decidedwhat is more important to you....the nicer view if you plan to use the veranda or the extra space with the great location to the pool and drink station. we LOVED our plexigass veranda and used it each afternoon since we had late dinner seating. Congrats on the upgrade, I'm sure many people would love to have this choice!

Congrats. That's a phenomenal upgrade! On my last cruise I was upgraded from cat 9 to cat 5 and thought that was great. You did me one better!

Personally if I paid for a verandah with plexiglass- unless I REALLY really needed the extra space and really realy liked the location of the cat 4 instead of what I'd booked- I'd rather stay with the plexiglass. Our verandah was plexiglass on our last cruise and I wouldn't have seen a thing without standing up at the railing- I spent most of my time out there sitting! If I was in that room with that verandah- I'd be looking at solid wall and not the view/ocean.
Now with that said- if I hadn't booked a verandah and got upgraded to any sort of verandah- I'd take it! LOL But if I paid for plexiglass I'd want the plexiglass... personal opinion. I do not know if you can ask to keep the room you booked though.

don't know what to tell you. loss of plexiglass verahdah does tell me that you will be aft, perhaps to the point of noise becoming topsider issue and not a drink station issue. Then, noise (and there will be chair scooting noise) limited to morning and lunch. much less of a big deal. still a great upgrade. good luck with whatever you decide. bring a table top fan and that will help drown out early morning noise that might wake you up.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts! We are going to go ahead and take the upgrade -- we are little sad about losing the plexi railing, but are excited about the extra room and new location. We are early risers, so morning noise is not a problem.

Only 11 days until our cruise...no matter where we are on the ship, it'll be great!

Congrats on the upgrade, enjoy! Have a great cruise, don't forget to come back with some navigators & a trip report for us DIS'ers...pretty please!

On our third cruise we were upgraded from a cat 7 to a cat 4 on deck 8. Loved deck 8!!!! Congrats!

Color me dense...but, do some of the staterooms have solid plexiglass instead of a 'wall?'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter