• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrade to Royal room at POR a must do?

zomama

Mouseketeer
I have a standard room booked but am thinking of upgrading. is $163 for the week worth upgrading? fwiw - dd5.5 and ds3

Your kiddos would probably like it but we were just fine with a standard room at POR. Granted we were in Alligator Bayou w/ trundle bed and it was newly renovated with no one else having stayed in it yet ;).

I

zomama said:
I have a standard room booked but am thinking of upgrading. is $163 for the week worth upgrading? fwiw - dd5.5 and ds3

I just upgraded and I do not regret it! My kids will be 7 and 4 and will live the rooms!

We did last year and and did not regret it. Ask for Oak manor. Great location. Very close walk across the bridge to the main bldg

My kids really liked the royal rooms. In case you haven't already seen it somewhere else, at check in each child gets a letter from Tiana. That really made my little ones feel like she had a special room set up just for them as her special quests.

My 11 year old DD begged for a royal room, I'm glad I did it because I think that will be the last time she begs for anything to do with the princesses. I even thought the room was very cool, I'm sure little kids would be even more excited by all the special touches.

We just stayed in the Royal Rooms a couple of weeks ago. I cannot compare to the standard because I have never stayed there, but we were very happy with the Royal Rooms. My DS is 12. He actually saw pictures of the rooms and thought they looked like rooms we "could not afford" so that is why I booked them!

We enjoyed our stay there. The fireworks on the headboard is pretty cool.

Here are some pics of our room:

DisneyJanuary2013532_zpsafda34e3.jpg

DisneyJanuary2013534_zps0050bd5f.jpg

DisneyJanuary2013533_zps5c17a346.jpg

DisneyJanuary2013530_zpsdf31f35d.jpg

DisneyJanuary2013529_zps56d65474.jpg

DisneyJanuary2013526_zps9505d2c0.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter