Upgrade to one bedroom?

poohs4me

DIS Veteran
Opinion needed please. I understand concierge is debated but we have already decided to go concierge and are trying to decide between a regular concierge room and a one bedroom. The difference in price is $250 per person per night

For those that have done both types of rooms, do you think we should upgrade? What are the factors you consider when deciding?

Edited to add this will be on the Magic or Wonder

thank you

We just upgraded to a 1BR on our upcoming Dream 4-night (already in a 1BR for our Fantasy 4 night this month). For 2 people, it really is overkill and if I'm going to be honest, we did it because I wanted the big bathtub. Which is super dumb, but it's been a long 18 months. If you are more than 2 people, it's great to have the extra space, extra bathroom and larger balcony.

@kathi I don’t think it’s super dumb. It has been a long 18 months. Other than the large tub, any other reason you prefer it. It’s just two of us as well

@kathi I don’t think it’s super dumb. It has been a long 18 months. Other than the large tub, any other reason you prefer it. It’s just two of us as well
Well - you can order from the MDR and have it delivered to your room if you are in a 1BR. You have 2 full bathrooms.

We usually sail in a 1BR. There are three of us, so our main reason is the second bathroom for our son and the separate sleeping section for him. We enjoy the large shower in the master bathroom and the dining table, both not being available in a regular stateroom. I think we used the bath maybe once throughout our cruises. We feel bad using so much water, knowing what it takes to produce it.

We just upgraded to a 1BR on our upcoming Dream 4-night (already in a 1BR for our Fantasy 4 night this month). For 2 people, it really is overkill and if I'm going to be honest, we did it because I wanted the big bathtub. Which is super dumb, but it's been a long 18 months. If you are more than 2 people, it's great to have the extra space, extra bathroom and larger balcony.
We had an extended balcony with our “regular” concierge room, so didn’t feel the need to upgrade since it was just two of us.

I did a very quick look at videos for the Concierge one bedroom suite and family Verandah cabin.

And my reaction was “why would you pay for the Concierge upcharge for a family Verandah?”

The question comes down to what you want out of a Concierge cabin?

Is it for the personalized attention you get from the Concierge team, the little touches, the Concierge lounge? In other words, what comes with every Concierge level room? Stay in the smaller cabin.

or

Is it a cabin that is a step above with use of richer finishes, more space, possibly more Verandah space?

Then go with the one bedroom.

For me, I want luxury in the way of physical surroundings if I am paying more money. I don’t want to be fawned over; leave me alone. Give me more space.

One of my favorite cabins on the Magic is a sideways Cat 11A, the cheapest cabin, just for perceived open floor space - same square footage)

It will be grand, either way.

Have a great cruise.

Last edited:

Typically I book the one bedroom for the two of us (My teenage/adult daughter (now 20) and me). We sailed on the 8/30 Dream and booked the concierge family stateroom instead. Boy, did I miss that second bathroom!

Other than the extra space, biggest plus of 1BR over regular concierge cabin is being able to order meals from MDR for room service dinner (and breakfast).

One of my favorite cabins on the Magic is a sideways Cat 11A, the cheapest cabin, just for perceived open floor space - same square footage)

I also loved that sideways 11A! So comfortable and seemed like a lot of space for 2 people.

Book the 1BR. Just do it. You're welcome.

Anyone who recommends against it does not understand. I'll die on this hill.
I know this poster well, and I can confirm he will die on that hill, or at least suffer serious injury. But he also likes most any stateroom he can get into on the Wonder!

If you can afford it, the 1BR is an amazing experience. If I was not going to book the 1BR, I'd likely not book concierge at all.

We had a 1BR booked for the two of us on one of the Wonder San Diego cruises that was cancelled. I moved us to an October sailing but at first only the regular concierge rooms were open. I watched a youtube walkthrough and tried to convince myself that concierge is still concierge but...then we saw a 1BR open up and jumped on that immediately. For us, the extra space just feels like so much more of an upgrade. We don't get to cruise that often so we'd rather splurge for the premium experience.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time no matter what you choose though!

Opinion needed please. I understand concierge is debated but we have already decided to go concierge and are trying to decide between a regular concierge room and a one bedroom. The difference in price is $250 per person per night

For those that have done both types of rooms, do you think we should upgrade? What are the factors you consider when deciding?

Edited to add this will be on the Magic or Wonder

thank you
We just returned from the 4-night Dream in a 1 BR - 290006. It was incredible - even though it was just two of us. Having two bathrooms was so very convenient. Ordering full breakfast room service to eat in our dining area in the room was amazing (sadly we only remembered to order the night before one time - so don't forget!). The tub was incredible. The expanded verandah with regular chairs and sun deck chairs was so relaxing. And just having so much living space while on the Disney Dream.... nothing could beat it. I'm so glad we did the Concierge 1 BR.

I went with a one bedroom for the same reason.

Our first DCL cruise was a 1BR concierge room. It was to DIE for. I'd do the upgrade in a heartbeat! The space. The separate sleeping spaces. The extra bathroom. It's DEVINE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter