Upgrade to Mod?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
It's a mommy and kiddos trip at the end of April. DD8 and DS4.5 and I are currently booked at All Star Movies but I'm considering switching over to POFQ. Right now the website shows no rooms available so this may be a moot question anyway....for a $95 difference overall we could be in a mod vs a value. We've always stayed at Pop or All Stars so it doesn't really make a big difference to us either way. A bonus for the mod would be a slide in the pool but ds really does like Toy Story. Plus, at least at MK we wouldn't be last in the bus line lol

any thoughts either way?

We stayed at POFQ in Oct 2009 when our kids were 7 years old. They loved resort! Everything is very close and the pool is really nice for you kid's age. For $95 extra I would definitely upgrade!

It might be nice for you to experience a Mod. If 95. isn't a deal breaker I would try the Mod. you might find you like it. My kids love the slides at the mods. The fridge and coffee pot is nice too.

I have been debating just the opposite. Because we have stayed at a Mod I have been thinking of saving the extra and trying a value just to have stayed at a different catagory.

But, the mod CBR we stayed at was very relaxing and a vacation in itself.

So, you might like the experience of a new resort....

Let us know what you decide! :)

I guess I'll let the availability be the deciding factor. I'll try periodically and if I can get a room at FQ then I'll upgrade. The fridge would be great to have so that's another plus. The other mods seem to warrant the need for a preferred room whereas at FQ I wouldn't care about a water view (though I'm sure it'd be nice!) and could just get a standard view. I'm sure that's where part of the savings comes in, going from preferred at ASMovies to standard view at FQ. I'll let you know what happens! :goodvibes

Went ahead and upgraded to POFQ for this trip! Showed DD the pics of the pool and that sealed the deal for her :rotfl: I figure we'd rather have a fun pool (fun=slide) than cool icons to look at. We'll do ASMovies next time----and there is ALWAYS a next time when it comes to me and Disney :cool1:

You'll love it! The resort is nice and compact and the boat ride to DTD is nice and relaxing. Hope you have a great trip!!! :)

Having stayed at both I would take a MOD. There is a big difference: quieter, better themed, less croweded busses (IMHO), less walk to bus, boat ride to DTD, Fridge, nicer beds.

Remember, you'll also be able to walk over to PO Riverside to use their pools as well. And it will be a bonus to have a fridge in your room for the trip. I think you made the right call.

If you can get a renovated room at the POP it might be just as good. We have stayed at both and don't see a big difference, but then again we don't really go to the pool, so that is something we don't really take into consideration.

I originally had AllStarMo booked for our May trip. I ended up switching to CBR for an extra $33 a day.

To us, having a fridge in the room to store DD's snacks (without having to request one), a "better" pool, the beach to play on, and the other recreation options was well worth it.

We stayed at POFQ quite a few years ago when my youngest son saw the dragon slide in the pool and begged to go there, I can say we were quite pleased overall with the resort and the pool is a big plus, just adding to the magic of Disney for the kids.

We stayed at Pop last Feb and loved it! We're only stayed there, AS Music and CR. We're trying to get around and try a few different ones :goodvibes This time it's POFQs turn to have us! April can't come soon enough....:woohoo:

Hot tub, fridge in your room, coffee maker, and a bit more space. I've been trying for the room discount for the 3rd week in April (we're going in November but I'm hoping for another short trip in April if I can swing it) as well and nothing's available, but you can get the $500 gift card instead and rooms ARE available for that promotion. The pool is really nice, it's quiet, and the food court's not bad either. The boat ride to DTD is really relaxing and fun. If you want to go to the TS restaurant at POR, it's only a short walk along the scenic river. :)

Went ahead and upgraded to POFQ for this trip! Showed DD the pics of the pool and that sealed the deal for her :rotfl: I figure we'd rather have a fun pool (fun=slide) than cool icons to look at. We'll do ASMovies next time----and there is ALWAYS a next time when it comes to me and Disney :cool1:

I'm so glad you were able to make the switch. Where you stay can definitely have a large impact on your trip, and POFQ is wonderful!:thumbsup2

We did the same recently (when they extended the room discount offer -- the upgrade cost us around $80-$90 total for the entire length of the stay).

We were booked at POP and I thought my 7 year old (first trip for him) really wanted to stay there and would be disappointed that I wanted to change it to somewhere more low-key, but when he saw the pics, he was very excited.

I'm jealous reading about the room refurbs going on at POP and sometimes second guess my decision, but overall, I think I'll be happier with a more quiet/picturesque setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter