• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Upgrade to DVC Annual Pass during blackout period

disneybirds

DIS Veteran
All we have a trip planned to WDW from December 30th to January 5th, 2018. If we decide to upgrade our 7 day park hopper ticket to the DVC Annual Pass, I am assuming we should wait until the blackout period is over before upgrading so we can still tour. It looks like the blackout period ends January 3rd. I am also assuming that our AP will be dated as of December 30th, but in effect it will expire a few weeks before with the Christmas blackout period. Of course, this assumes the blackout periods remain somewhat similar. Anyone else upgraded right after the blackout period like this?

We upgraded during a blackout period (but after entering a park for the last time)
As far as I can tell, it's a common scenario with locals (and FL resident seasonal tickets)

Just make sure you upgrade before midnight of your 7th park day,( but after you entered your last park if it's still during a blackout)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter