• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

upgrade standard tix to annual pass?

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We will visiting later this month. We got the buy 2 get 3 days promo. The pricing wasn’t much different (about $100 ) to go to the annual pass.

If we get there and want to move to an annual pass, can this be done with only paying the difference?

Also, what are the food/drink discounts with annual passes?

Similar question. I have a buy 2, get 3 days free ticket that I bought from a ticket reseller. If I upgrade it, do I get credit for the value of the ticket (Universal price) or the price of the ticket (what I paid for ticket)? Also, I assume the relevant ticket will be a 2-day ticket, even though I’ve got 5 days? Also, where do you go to do ticket upgrades at Universal?

Thanks!!

Similar question. I have a buy 2, get 3 days free ticket that I bought from a ticket reseller. If I upgrade it, do I get credit for the value of the ticket (Universal price) or the price of the ticket (what I paid for ticket)? Also, I assume the relevant ticket will be a 2-day ticket, even though I’ve got 5 days? Also, where do you go to do ticket upgrades at Universal?

Thanks!!

You get credit for the value of the same ticket at Universal. Since this is a promo ticket with the same promo going on through the Universal website, you will get their price credited to the price of the AP. You can upgrade at any guest services.

First visit to Universal and not sure if I'll love it or not. If I purchase a 1 day 2 park ticket and decide the same day, after using it, but while I'm still there, that I want an annual pass, can I convert it and get full credit?

Ok pretty sure this has been asked before (and maybe by me) but for the life of me I can't find the answer.

We have the Military Salute Universal 2 park 4 day tickets. We have used 2 days and plan to visit for Easter break. If we decide to do 3 more days at the park (since we only have 2 days left) I know we'd need to upgrade to a ticket without blackout dates since it's Easter week. Would the price be what we paid for the tickets as compared to the current AP we would need or would the price be the difference between the true "gate" cost of a 4-day P2P ticket? With the price of the tickets being so cheap, I'm trying to decide if I should just purchase another 4 day P2P ticket for each of us if we chose to do 3 more days next week.

Well since I never got an answer here...I'll attempt to answer now for anybody looking for this information.

I had the 2-park 4-day Military Salute tickets and used 2 days in March and then two days for Easter break this past weekend...Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, as I was leaving the park, I stopped at guest services to see about upgrading. Here is the deal...I actually COULD upgrade to the very lowest level Universal Annual Pass (and I'm sorry I don't know all of the levels right off the top of my head) for about $140 (and I paid $180 for my 4-day tickets). This would have some blackout dates and didn't offer too much but would allow me to return in Sept or Oct for HHN as planned (yes I'd still have to buy a HHN ticket). For about $190, I could upgrade up one more level...which would mean still a few blackout dates (but not as many) as well as 50% off parking. I chose this route...but of course I'm sure if I returned in the future I could upgrade again if needed. I was really surprised I didn't have to select the pass without blackout dates since I used it during blackout dates but she said I simply could not return to the park that day...since it was a blackout date. I was good with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter