• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrade from Pop Century To Animal Kingdom Lodge

mazdabug

DIS Veteran
At last was able to use a code. Was able to upgrade to from POP to AKL.
Ya`ll think i will like this?

I have never stayed at AKL but have visited several times and one day "with a discount code" I would like to stay there. I think you will LOVE it.

I love AKL. The staff there is, on average, the best on Disney property, in my opinion. The theme is carried out very well, in all the little details. :) The gift shop has some very unique items and is a lot of fun to browse around.

The fast-food place, while a bit of a pain to get to (at least from the rooms I've been in) is very funky. I like it there. Boma is a nice dinner (and you don't have to be an adventurous eater to enjoy!)

IMO, the lobby is the best of all the Disney lobbies. :) It is so big and dark, but fun and funky at the same time. You get the feeling you are inside of something very solid. Well, I do. Very, very relaxing.

There are little bits of info all around the hotel (near elevators) about the things that are displayed. And I talked to a guy from Africa once for quite a while. He probably deviated from what they are supposed to talk about, but I encouraged him and was very interested in his stories. :) We were both really bored, though - there were no guests around and my group was outside looking at animals.

They have a nice pool. :)

The rooms are on the dark side, but I absolutely love them. Very well themed, very cool atmosphere. Again with the "solid" feeling and the uniqueness. Even when I lied in bed, sick with pneumonia, I appreciated the room.

If you have a savannah view, that's great. You can see animals. :) But, I don't care a bit about animals and enjoy AKL very, very much!

I know that some people don't like African stuff as much as I do and that AKL might not be the place for them. But, I hope you like it as much as I do!!

p.s. Check out the page on allearsnet.com about AKL. Tons of good info and pics there. :)

"I don't care a bit about animals and enjoy AKL very, very much"

:thumbsup2 this is so funny! It is exactly the way I feel about AKL the times I have visited the resort! Never stayed yet but love the feel of the place. awesome shopping/eats btw. .

definitely an upgrade I would jump at.

Enjoy your stay there, it is our favorite resort! Take the time to look at the animals with the night vision goggles, poke around. The resort has so many great viewing areas on all floors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter