Upgrade for EBTA!

If you book in a GTY, they don't usually call. Like the PP said, you usually just have to check online to see what you've been assigned or wait until you get your cruise docs. It is when you are in a confirmed cabin and they are upgrading you that they give the call (it is possible that people would refuse an upgrade). I would also imagine they are working the categories down to cat 12 (that way they know which cabins above that categories are open)

Happy Goofy -- don't know if they will still do this but the first time they went to Europe, we were booked on the TA and they released much lower rates after final payment. We were able to move our original reservation with a smaller penalty (a couple hundred dollars) to a future booking date (there were other penalties if we changed this future booking date, but don't remember what they were since we didn't make any changes). Then we made a brand new reservation for the TA at the lower rate.

Anyone in a Cat 12 get a call yet? We downgraded from 11 to 12 to save money for a port upgrade if need be, but I've got my fingers crossed for a free upgrade. If they were to offer one, do you think they'd upgrade to a 7 or 8?

We got upgraded from a 12 to a 9. No one called, I just logged in and checked my reservation online and based on the room number assigned I figured out I had been upgraded:thumbsup2 I bet you'll be upgraded too it sounds like the ship isn't full at all.:hippie:

We got upgraded from a 12 to a 9. No one called, I just logged in and checked my reservation online and based on the room number assigned I figured out I had been upgraded:thumbsup2 I bet you'll be upgraded too it sounds like the ship isn't full at all.:hippie:

Did you go thru DCL or a TA? Maybe I'll try to call DCL and see if they can tell me if I've been upgraded.

Called DCL today and both of our ressies were upgraded from Cat 12 to Cat 9! Yeah! I'm kicking myself now for downgrading from Cat 11 to save money for an upgrade at the port - could've maybe got a Cat 7 which is what the wife wants. Checked online and the difference between Cat 12 and 7 is more than $3000, so I don't think even with a major discount at the port that we'd be able to do that, but I'll ask anyway.

Put me on the list of people kicking themselves for downgrading from an 11 gty to a 12 gty and still being in an inside cabin. Of course, I could have kept the 11 and still be in an 11...or I could be in a 6. OH well.....I'm going on a great cruise.

We also downgraded from 11gty to 12 gty but fortunately got a 9. 6 would have been nice but this cruise is so unusual in the types of upgrades that have been given out. Who would have guessed 10s and 11s to 5s and 6s.

We also downgraded from 11gty to 12 gty but fortunately got a 9. 6 would have been nice but this cruise is so unusual in the types of upgrades that have been given out. Who would have guessed 10s and 11s to 5s and 6s.

Yes, I don't think anybody expected being bumped up two levels! I wonder if they are done placing the EBTA GTY folks now? We want to try and move mid-ship from far forward, maybe I'll try making that call today.

HELP!!! You guys are so clued up on all of this planning and upgrades. Where is all this information? I can't find any link or info on my room or if I'm upgraded.

HELP!!! You guys are so clued up on all of this planning and upgrades. Where is all this information? I can't find any link or info on my room or if I'm upgraded.

It is on your reservation. If you go on the Disney cruise website, you have to log in (if you don't have one, I suggest you make sure the name you use is the same name you booked your cruise under so your Castaway Club number can be added.) There is a spot for "Already Booked" so you can pull up your reservation by the reservation number. (If you already have an id w/Castaway club number you can go in the Castaway Club section and look at your cruise list and link from there.)

Either way, once you have your reservation pulled up, under reservation it lists Stateroom. This will list the category you booked (this won't change whether they give you an upgrade or not) and your assigned stateroom number. You may need to look at a deck plan to know what category the stateroom is.

God how easy was that it wasnt there last night:rolleyes1!

12 to 9. Which in my eyes is amazing value as online right now it would cost another $1970 (£1308 out of my pocket) to book this room.

Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter