Yep but does Sams do a larger % off DGC than BJs?
BJ’s Warehouse Disney Gift Cards In-Club
  • Disney Variable Load $25 - $500
  • $100 Disney for $96.99
  • $150 (3x $50pk) Disney $144.99
  • $500 Disney for $479.99
BJ’s Warehouse Disney Gift Cards Online
  • $25 Disney for $24.49
    • Physical & eGift
  • $50 Disney for $48.49
    • Physical & eGift
  • $100 Disney Gift Card for $96.99
  • $150 (3x $50pk) Disney for $144.99
  • $500 Disney Gift Card for $479.99
They are about the same

Yep but does Sams do a larger % off DGC than BJs?
They both worked for me for my Discover card bonus.

And as far as discounts go, they are about the same, but I usually buy from BJs, except when Sam's Club had their $200 DGC for $185. I bought as many of those as I could, but that deal is done now. The only other time I choose Sam's Club over BJs is if Cash App has a bonus.

is sam's a better deal? we have bj's online but maybe sams is worth it.

I usually just buy from target....

When buying from Target you are just getting 5% when you have one of the cards like discover you can get a larger savings this way.

I'm sorry @eticketplease but I don't get that.
Target takes 5% off your purchase whereas Discover gives 5% in the form of cashback.

@dnw25 in determining which is better Sam's vs BJ's you need to understand the various methods of discounts that are available and when they're available. Again, there is nothing wrong with Target 5% discount but what if you could get 15% or 20%... or more., would you be willing to put in the work it might take to get it?

When considering the cost of memberships, often times you can get a full year of Sam's for free, so there's really no reason not to have both. And you'll need both in order to maximize your savings. Much like Target Redcard, you should also have Target Circle.

Did anyone else receive this notice from BJ's about discontinuing On-Line membership? My membership renewal date is October and it will go up to $55 + tax per year. Yikes!!!

Yes I also got the email. Actually I counted myself lucky that they grandfathered my $10 online-only membership back in 2021 when they discontinued this option. Maybe they caught on that we only buy discounted giftcards and are not the most profitable customer segment, especially when we cash in those coupons only on gift cards. I actually tried to order other stuff from them but almost everything could not be shipped to my zip code or it's not free shipping, so yeah, I only buy discounted gift cards from them. That said, I am hoping there will be discounted membership deals like the $25 one they have going on right now (just google BJ $25 membership) so that I can still take advantage of discounted DGCs without forking over $55 annual membership fee.

Yes I also got the email. Actually I counted myself lucky that they grandfathered my $10 online-only membership back in 2021 when they discontinued this option. Maybe they caught on that we only buy discounted giftcards and are not the most profitable customer segment, especially when we cash in those coupons only on gift cards. I actually tried to order other stuff from them but almost everything could not be shipped to my zip code or it's not free shipping, so yeah, I only buy discounted gift cards from them. That said, I am hoping there will be discounted membership deals like the $25 one they have going on right now (just google BJ $25 membership) so that I can still take advantage of discounted DGCs without forking over $55 annual membership fee.
The annoying part is that it says that my membership will auto-renew at the higher rate automatically on Nov 1. So I went to try to cancel auto-renew and it says that online members can't opt out of auto-renew. That's a bunch of baloney if you ask me. I can't believe they can get away with that!

The annoying part is that it says that my membership will auto-renew at the higher rate automatically on Nov 1. So I went to try to cancel auto-renew and it says that online members can't opt out of auto-renew. That's a bunch of baloney if you ask me. I can't believe they can get away with that!
Canceling isn't easy, and very time-consuming, but I finally got through to a human CS rep by calling the number for cancellation. The "request" is in the forwarding stage. I don't know how long that will take.

BJ cancel.PNG

Canceling isn't easy, and very time-consuming, but I finally got through to a human CS rep by calling the number for cancellation. The "request" is in the forwarding stage. I don't know how long that will take.

View attachment 763471
I have a regular membership and specifically remember NOT signing up for Easy Renewal. Imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when Paypal told me a $110 payment was made to BJs for my renewal. Somehow they enrolled me in Easy Renewal without my permission. I have since gone back in and opted out again. We'll see how long that lasts.

Last Call!
I'm adding Best Buy due to the unknown expiration date, it could be today or tomorrow, if you're interested might want to purchase the gift cards now.

Discount District
Best Buy Online
  • Buy $100 Select Digital Gift Cards & Get $15 Best Buy eGift card
    • Includes: Adidas, Fanatics, MLB Shop. Com, NFL Shop, NBA Store and Topgolf
    • Direct link
    • Expiry date unknown, while supplies last.
  • Save 15% on Fandango Gift cards
    • Includes Physical & Digital
    • Direct link
    • Limit 3 per customer
    • Expiry date unknown, while supplies last. Post #16586
Credit Cards and more
  • PayPal Discover Offer: Targeted via email
    • Get 6% Back At PayPal On Up To $1,000 In Purchases March, April & May.
    • Expires 5/31/23. DOC
  • Apple Pay Amex Offer: Spend 3 times with Apple Pay, get $10 back
  • Cashback Monitor YMMV
CVS
  • Spend $50 On Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Extrabucks
    • Includes: Airbnb, Chipotle, Fandango, Foot Locker, PlayStation or Wayfair
    • Limit 1 per household with card
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 5/27/23. Post #16461
Credit Cards and more
  • Venmo: Targeted via email
  • CVS Chase Offer: 5% back, $2.50 cashback maximum.
  • CVS Chase Offer: 10% back, $5 cashback maximum.
  • CVS Chase Offer:10% back at CVS with a $6 max.
KinneyDrugs
Kroger & Harris Teeter Online - Blackhawk Network
Meijer
  • Buy $75 Select Gift Cards & Get 10,000 Points
    • Includes: Choice, Happy & One4All
    • Direct link to offer
    • Limit 10,000 points per customer.
    • Note, this is not a coupon you need to clip, just plug in your info at the register during checkout.
    • Expires 5/27/23. Post #16509
Price Chopper / Market 32 / Tops
Price Chopper (NY/PA/CT/MA)
  • Earn 6x Points On All 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Excludes Price Chopper, Market Bistro, Market 32, variable rate Mastercard and Visa cards, and general purpose reloadable cards.
    • Not listed in weekly ad
    • Expires 5/27/23. Post #16526
Price Chopper Online - Blackhawk Network​
Rite Aid
  • Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Includes: Grubhub and Instacart
    • Limit 2
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $8 BonusCash
Credit Cards and More
ShopRite
Staples
  • Buy $200 Mastercard Gift Cards with no purchase fees
Credit Cards & More
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
LL Bean Chase Offer: Earn 10% back, until a $17 back max. is reached.
Buy digital and physical gift cards online.​
Expires 5/27/23.

I have a regular membership and specifically remember NOT signing up for Easy Renewal. Imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when Paypal told me a $110 payment was made to BJs for my renewal. Somehow they enrolled me in Easy Renewal without my permission. I have since gone back in and opted out again. We'll see how long that lasts.
Do you ever shop in club? When it gets close to your renewal date, there's a screen that pops up when you check out that asks you if you would like to renew quickly during this transaction. If you just glance at it quickly, you might just think it's another screen you click yes to to get to the main screen.

Do you ever shop in club? When it gets close to your renewal date, there's a screen that pops up when you check out that asks you if you would like to renew quickly during this transaction. If you just glance at it quickly, you might just think it's another screen you click yes to to get to the main screen.

There are a few offers expiring tomorrow 5/28/23 as well as new offers starting their cycle. Focusing on Target, hopefully you were able to pick up Target gift cards at your grocery store; Diebergs, Kroger family stores, Meijer, Winn-Dixie/Harveys/Fresco y Mas, as several Target Circle Offers
will stack with coupons and sale items. It all starts with Your Offers and the Target Weekly ad 5/28/23 – 6/03/23. Happy shopping!

Useful sites include:
Target In-Store & Online
  • Buy 1 Prepaid Phone Gift Card & Get 10% Off 2nd Prepaid Phone Gift Card
Target Circle Rewards - Various Offers
Target Circle Offers
Credit Cards and More
  • Venmo: Targeted via email
  • PayPal Discover Offer: Targeted via email
    Get 6% Back At PayPal On Up To $1,000 In Purchases March, April & May.
    • Expires 5/31/23. DOC
  • Redcard holders save 5% on Specialty Gift Cards
  • Be sure to use a shopping portal - YMMV
  • Cash App Boost when available.

I suppose I could have done that but I'm pretty sure I went in this past fall and made sure it wasn't easy renewing because we were retiring and I wasn't sure if we'd lower our level of membership when it renewed in May. I do shop in club all the time and we discovered that we could save 60 cents a gallon for gas on our road trip so it's definitely worthwhile keeping, just not sure if I need the "reward-earning" level of membership.

Costco

1685230281993.png
  • AMC Black Two Standard/Digital Movie Tickets, Plus $20 eGift Card for $33.99
    • Limit 10 per member. Direct link
    • Expires 5/28/23 while supplies last.
1685230472283.png

• AMC Yellow Two Standard/Digital Movie Tickets, Plus $20 eGift Card for $30.99
    • Limit 10 per member. Direct link
    • Expires 5/28/23 while supplies last.

Did anyone else receive this notice from BJ's about discontinuing On-Line membership? My membership renewal date is October and it will go up to $55 + tax per year. Yikes!!!

View attachment 763289
Yep. I got it too. Just went it to turn off automatic renewal and saw this: "
Online Members are unable to change or opt out of BJ’s Easy Renewal.

To make changes to Easy Renewal, you will need to upgrade or cancel your BJ’s Membership." and "To cancel your Membership, please call BJ's Member Care at 800-257-2582"
>:(

Guess I have to make a note in my calendar to cancel before it renews on 2/1/2024

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter