Hmmmm…maybe I’m being too impatient. How long does it generally take your e-gcs to track?

Have you actually received the eGC yet? I did 3 yesterday, two actually got to my email at 9am, one at 11pm. Their site is weird with processing eGC this way, and they don't track on RMN until they "ship" to you electronically. That said, all of my eGC from yesterday are pending now on RMN.

I’ve had an issue with RMN not tracking my last two DGC purchases. I activate and shop through the RMN portal, but the purchase doesn’t move from the Rewards in Progress to Rewards Activity category. Has anyone else been having this problem? Does it typically take a while for this to happen? For example, my August 3rd DGC purchase from RMN still hasn’t tracked.
Mine from 8/3 is still pending

Have you actually received the eGC yet? I did 3 yesterday, two actually got to my email at 9am, one at 11pm. Their site is weird with processing eGC this way, and they don't track on RMN until they "ship" to you electronically. That said, all of my eGC from yesterday are pending now on RMN.
Mine from yesterday have arrived save for one but are not yet pending on RMN. But it sometimes takes a couple of days for me.

1662221105102.pngTransportation & Traveling with Points

New Tool Tells You Which Airlines Offer Meals and Hotel Accommodations for Delays

The U.S. Department of Transportation has created a dashboard to ensure that travelers have easy access to information about services that U.S. airlines provide when the cause of a cancellation or delay was due to circumstances within the airline’s control.

The move was announced two weeks ago, and the website is now live. It comes as Americans have experienced an unacceptable level of flight delays and cancellations this year, especially over the early summer months. When these disruptions occur, it’s often difficult to figure out if you will receive a meal voucher and hotel accommodations from the airline.

The new dashboard gives passengers “more transparency about what airlines owe them when there is a delay or cancellation due to staffing or mechanical problems”, the White House said in a statement.
1662221403351.png

A green check mark on the dashboard means an airline has committed to providing that service or amenity to its customers. A red “x” means the airline has not made that commitment. However, airlines with a red “x” may provide these services and amenities in some instances in their discretion.

Before the announcement of this new tool by Department of Transportation, there were significantly more red X’s across the table. Now eight of the top airlines cover hotels and nine of them cover meals. Before, just one airline guaranteed they would rebook you at no cost. Now, 9 out of the 10 do so.

You can access the dashboard here, or download an accessible version in PDF format.

Delays and Cancellations, Know Your Rights

Airlines are required to adhere to the promises that they make in their customer service plan, including commitments to care for customers in the event of controllable delays or cancellations. The Department of Transportation says it will hold airlines accountable if they fail to do so.

You should also be aware that these commitments by airlines do not impact your entitlement to a refund. If an airline cancels a passenger’s flight or makes a significant change in the flight, regardless of the reason, airlines are required to provide a prompt refund to a ticketed passenger, including those with non-refundable tickets, should the passenger choose not to accept the alternative offered, such as rebooking on another flight.

Learn more about your right to a refund. If you have a problem obtaining a refund that you believe that you are entitled to receive, you may file a complaint with the DOT.

Full article by Danny Deal Guru

Hmmmm…maybe I’m being too impatient. How long does it generally take your e-gcs to track?
I bought 125 of egc yesterday, got an email overnight saying I had 12.50 coming.
still nothing on my Macys order earlier in the week though That was shoes

Bought two DGC from shopDisney, one last night and one this morning, to use some of the new Chase offers and paired with RMN's 10%. Unfortunately it doesn't look like either tracked. Normally a few hours later I'll get an email from RMN saying 'shopDisney let us know you placed an order!' and the RMN rewards moves from activated/in progress to pending, none of that happened here :(. I did have luck with 3 separate DGC from shopDisney tracking with RMN so I guess it truly is hit or miss!

Bought two DGC from shopDisney, one last night and one this morning, to use some of the new Chase offers and paired with RMN's 10%. Unfortunately it doesn't look like either tracked. Normally a few hours later I'll get an email from RMN saying 'shopDisney let us know you placed an order!' and the RMN rewards moves from activated/in progress to pending, none of that happened here :(. I did have luck with 3 separate DGC from shopDisney tracking with RMN so I guess it truly is hit or miss!
Give it time! It sometimes takes a few days for me. But so far it's always tracked. Mine are likewise still not tracking but we'll see

Of course, nothing's guaranteed

Not that it should matter but out of curiosity, which did you purchase physical or eGift?

Give it time! It sometimes takes a few days for me. But so far it's always tracked. Mine are likewise still not tracking but we'll see

I should learn patience but I still somehow manage to expect instant gratification 😂

Not that it should matter but out of curiosity, which did you purchase physical or eGift?
Always e-gift cards for me!

Also hi from the line of Flight of Passage!! 👋

View attachment 699441Transportation & Traveling with Points

New Tool Tells You Which Airlines Offer Meals and Hotel Accommodations for Delays

The U.S. Department of Transportation has created a dashboard to ensure that travelers have easy access to information about services that U.S. airlines provide when the cause of a cancellation or delay was due to circumstances within the airline’s control.

The move was announced two weeks ago, and the website is now live. It comes as Americans have experienced an unacceptable level of flight delays and cancellations this year, especially over the early summer months. When these disruptions occur, it’s often difficult to figure out if you will receive a meal voucher and hotel accommodations from the airline.

The new dashboard gives passengers “more transparency about what airlines owe them when there is a delay or cancellation due to staffing or mechanical problems”, the White House said in a statement.
View attachment 699442

A green check mark on the dashboard means an airline has committed to providing that service or amenity to its customers. A red “x” means the airline has not made that commitment. However, airlines with a red “x” may provide these services and amenities in some instances in their discretion.

Before the announcement of this new tool by Department of Transportation, there were significantly more red X’s across the table. Now eight of the top airlines cover hotels and nine of them cover meals. Before, just one airline guaranteed they would rebook you at no cost. Now, 9 out of the 10 do so.

You can access the dashboard here, or download an accessible version in PDF format.

Delays and Cancellations, Know Your Rights

Airlines are required to adhere to the promises that they make in their customer service plan, including commitments to care for customers in the event of controllable delays or cancellations. The Department of Transportation says it will hold airlines accountable if they fail to do so.

You should also be aware that these commitments by airlines do not impact your entitlement to a refund. If an airline cancels a passenger’s flight or makes a significant change in the flight, regardless of the reason, airlines are required to provide a prompt refund to a ticketed passenger, including those with non-refundable tickets, should the passenger choose not to accept the alternative offered, such as rebooking on another flight.

Learn more about your right to a refund. If you have a problem obtaining a refund that you believe that you are entitled to receive, you may file a complaint with the DOT.

Full article by Danny Deal Guru
Last January when we learned that SWA had canceled our flight home (we learned this as we were waiting on deck to disembark our cruise)....I was told that SWA wasn't responsible for anything other than booking us on a new flight. They rebooted us on a flight the next morning. So we went to Disneyland and stayed close to the Long Beach airport :) Fortunately we purchased the travel insurance and we were reimbursed our hotel stay!

Last January when we learned that SWA had canceled our flight home (we learned this as we were waiting on deck to disembark our cruise)....I was told that SWA wasn't responsible for anything other than booking us on a new flight. They rebooted us on a flight the next morning. So we went to Disneyland and stayed close to the Long Beach airport :) Fortunately we purchased the travel insurance and we were reimbursed our hotel stay!

The information I posted is new for 2022. According to the White House press briefing dated SEPTEMBER 01, 2022:

So, two weeks ago, Secretary Buttigieg told the top U.S. airlines that our administration plan to publish an interactive airline customer service dashboard before Labor Day to give Americans more transparency about what airlines owe them when there is a delay or cancellation due to staffing or mechanical problems.

Secretary Buttigieg also urged the airlines to immediately improve their customer service plans before the dashboard launch.

Today (Sept. 1, 2022), the Department of Transportation officially launched the dashboard, and we’re proud to report that airlines vastly improved their plans

The dashboard has had improvements since it launched and I'm sure things can and will change. If you plan on flying the friendly skies, I'd keep an eye on it. I also added a direct link to the dashboard on Post #8 for easier access when all you have is a mobile phone.

Even with the new stuff it's still depends on the reason. They aren't paying for a hotel or food if it's weather related. Most of the airlines were doing this for mechanical/staff reasons anyway. A lot of people aren't aware because no one is going to dig up the contract of carriage online but the airlines also don't make it easy to get sometimes. Plus a voucher is only as good as the hotels it can be used at so better to know what you can do on your own and be willing to float the money while you wait to get reimbursed.

Are you able to click through from RMN? When I try the page doesn't load. I have the deal finder on my browser but I'm worried the purchase won't track.
I have the RMN app on my phone and I click through that. I did 3 DGC purchases: one yesterday morning, another last night and the third this morning. So far the first has tracked.

A quick question about RMN/Disney: My RMN email is not the same as my Disney account email. Should I create a new Disney account so the emails are the same?

ETA another question: Will RMN send an email if/when a purchase tracks or do I need to keep checking the RMN site?

Last edited:
A quick question about RMN/Disney: My RMN email is not the same as my Disney account email. Should I create a new Disney account so the emails are the same?

ETA another question: Will RMN send an email if/when a purchase tracks or do I need to keep checking the RMN site?
It doesn't matter if your RMN email address is different than your ShopDisney email address. You can even checkout as guest.

RMN will email you when it tracks. It will look something like this:
Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 12.37.12 AM.png

I bought an e-card on 9/2, received the card, but it's hasn't tracked yet, RMN says its waiting for shopdisney. I don't think I have ever waited this long so I'm thinking its not going to track. We shall see...

Added Offers ~ 9/04/22

Disney Gift Card Deals
Cub: Earn 2x fuel points on all Disney Gift Cards
Expire 9/13/22. GCG

Note, this offer was set to expire 9/03/22, but when I checked on the links I found the promotion still live.
Price Chopper (NY/PA) Online:
  • Earn 5x Points On Disney Gift Cards (3rd Party Gift Cards)
    • Online Link - Blackhawk Network
      • Physical Disney Gift Cards only.
      • Denomination: $15-$500
      • $0.60 Shipping fees apply no matter the denomination.
    • Expiry date unknown.
Discount District
Cub: Earn 2x fuel points on all 3rd Party Gift Cards
Excludes Cub, Visa & Mastercard gift cards.​
Expire 9/13/22. GCG

Dollar General: Save 10% on Select Gift Cards
Includes: Chipotle, Fandango, GameStop and Vudu​
Expires 9/10/22. GCG

Meijer:
  • Buy $50 Happy Gift Card & Get $5 Meijer gift card free.
  • Buy $150+ Visa Gift Cards & Get $10 off instantly.
  • Limit 1. Direct link to digital coupons
  • Expire 9/10/22. GCG
Price Chopper stores in NY & PA In-store & Online: Earn 8x points on Choice & Giving Good Gift Cards
Expires 9/17/22. GCG

Rite Aid:
  • Buy $25 gift cards for the following brands & get $5 BonusCash
    • PlayStation Store
    • Domino’s
  • Buy $50 gift cards for the following brands & get $8 BonusCash
    • Fanatics
    • Aeropostale
  • Buy $25 gift cards for the following brands & get $5 BonusCash
    • Staples
    • Riot Games
  • Direct link to weekly ad.
  • Limit 2 per person per deal.
  • Expires 9/10/22. GCG
Walgreens: Buy two Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Walgreens gift card
Includes: Applebee’s, Domino’s, Fanatics, Panera Bread and Wayfair​
Limit 2, except in NM.​
Expires 9/10/22. GCG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter