• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

update

Dian-er

Mouseketeer
I want to thank everyone for their prayers for my friend Kathy. Back right after Christmas, I had made a request for prayers for her as her kidney cancer had returned & the only option her was offered was a clinical trial at Moffit Cancer Center here in Fl (she lives in MA but winters in Punta Gorda, Fl). Your prayers appear to have helped.
I am here to report, that her cancer is in retreat at this point. she had MRi last week as they thought something might be brewing wlsewhere (brain). That was negative (yay!!!). Today, she had a CT scan which shows the smaller tumor has gone & the remaining one had shrunk by 90%. I'm am soooo happy for her & her family.
Happy for me too as she is the person I turned to to ask about Bob when he first asked me out 34 years ago. She told me he was & good guy & I'd be ok going out with him. She & I have been good friends ever since (I had not met her until after my first date with Bob, she was a CB radio friend). We've held each other's hand through lots of ups & downs in both our lives. Like to have her around for a lot longer.
:cheer2:

So glad to hear your friend had such a positive outcome! That's wonderful news!

Sayhello

Thank you for the great update! It takes a mountain of pixie dust and unlimited prayers and good thoughts to fight it, but I'm always happy when the guys win one!

Well, she's not out of the woods, yet. She still needs prayers & pixie dust. Still in the clinical trial, will be for up to two year total. But, she is having a really positive outcome. This is phase 2 of the trial. They know the drug works, they are looking optimal dosages. Thank you all again for the support you show to those who need it. I think it's what makes the pod cast group so special.

Prayers and pixie dust are great medicine. Here's hoping the good news continues.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

That's wonderful news! :cheer2: Never doubt the power of prayers and pixie dust. I'm so glad your friend has had such good results. It's very important to have good friends....especially ones that started out on the CB!

Dian-er said:
I want to thank everyone for their prayers for my friend Kathy. Back right after Christmas, I had made a request for prayers for her as her kidney cancer had returned & the only option her was offered was a clinical trial at Moffit Cancer Center here in Fl (she lives in MA but winters in Punta Gorda, Fl). Your prayers appear to have helped.
I am here to report, that her cancer is in retreat at this point. she had MRi last week as they thought something might be brewing wlsewhere (brain). That was negative (yay!!!). Today, she had a CT scan which shows the smaller tumor has gone & the remaining one had shrunk by 90%. I'm am soooo happy for her & her family.
Happy for me too as she is the person I turned to to ask about Bob when he first asked me out 34 years ago. She told me he was & good guy & I'd be ok going out with him. She & I have been good friends ever since (I had not met her until after my first date with Bob, she was a CB radio friend). We've held each other's hand through lots of ups & downs in both our lives. Like to have her around for a lot longer.
:cheer2:

Awesome!!!

I am a nurse at Moffitt. I hope the clinical trial helps her!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wonderful news! Cancer is an ugly beast. We'll continue to keep her in our prayers.

Great news! Love to hear stories like this after seeing my husband go through cancer treatments with success last year.

Thanks for the update. It is so wonderful to hear that some of the clinical trials are successful. Thoughts and prayers are with your friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter