• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

update on TV crew and disney holiday

signtalker

"in House" Disney Cast Member
Okay well after days of waiting we finally heard today that RDF media(ITV1) wont be using us for there new holiday program in the autumn.

For those of you that dont know it was an all expense trip to DLP for 5 days and another 5 days of not knowing where you were going, for the DLP trip we would have had to take another family with us and convert them to the "Disney" addiction.

Apprently what went against us was the fact we were all too nice:confused: , too cool and very relaxed, as well as being a well travelled family!!!.
Apprently they were after a family that was gonna argue lots with the other family and generally snipe and bicker all the time on camera!(had we have known this we could have easily done that!!).

Feeling pretty gutted, first time weve been refused something coz we are all too nice!!!!.:eek:

So now im dying to see what family theyve picked!!!(probaly another family who knows nothing about disney(as usual).

Jules

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that's a shame :(

I was just thinking about you and this last night and was wondering what happened.

Still Jules it's nice to know that you were all too nice :)

I'm sorry you're disappointed Jules ........ but I don't like the idea that they will deliberately choose two families who will argue and bicker all the time ....... they may think it makes good TV ( ...... I don't), but it sounds like the last thing you want on a Disney trip .. or any holiday come to that.

Sorry to hear you weren't picked, but just think you can enjoy your trip to Disney without a film crew tagging along.

Sorry Jules,

I don't quite understand how bickering families will help make a travel program?! :rolleyes: Personally I'd prefer the facts, If I want to listen to people arguing then I'll read the debate board LOL

In years to come you'll laugh at this though, not many people get told they're 'too nice'!

Jo, LOL, theyve also emailed me a lovely email clarifying why we werent chosen, so me thinks I can print it off and show it to my line manager at work when she keeps telling me im too aggressive!!!!!.

Jules

Sorry to hear that Jules.Though I guess you might end up glad you wern't chosen when you get to see the show if they are 'manipulating' people like that.

As well as being completely cynical about the audience results of reality TV shows I am also cynical about this type of show and what you were told confirms it for me.When you see families have disaterous times it obviosly is no accident then,they have been specially picked for there to be confrontation etc. Sadly I guess it makes for 'better TV in the production companies eyes:(

Jules if that is the sort of family and type of show that they wanted I'd take it as a compliment that you weren't chosen. Carolyn

Oh well - never mind Jules.

We had a similar experience with a proposed "holiday swap" programme .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter