Upcoming trip forecast shows rain - should we cancel?

ReginaMills

Earning My Ears
Hi disboards members!
I could use your guys' expert opinions. We are leaving for Disney World on Dec. 11-15. My dad is saying that the forecast is showing rain and thinks we should cancel. I say that it's still too early to tell and that we should wait it out - what do you guys think? Would you still go?

Go. Get wet. Take an umbrella. Have an awesome time. :goodvibes

Check out my TR in my signature "Is This Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain?" It's proof that you can have a blast in the rain.

It rains in Florida. :confused3 Even if the forecast doesn't call for rain, you may still get rained on. There is tons to do inside as well - go and enjoy!

The weather forcast changes day to day. Why would you cancel? I'd rather be there in the rain than in sunny Philly in Dec. But that's me. We've been there when it rained and still had a good time. And I HATE getting wet. I carry a small umbrella that I clip to my handbag in case I need it. And last time we were there it rained pretty hard one afternoon while we were in HS. We bought ponchos that I actually cut down the front so I could take them on and off easily. And we went on our merry way.
Nancy princess:

We would never cancel because of rain in the forecast. It has rained on us every trip that we have taken to WDW. It's just part of the Florida weather. I don't mind the rain. It clears the major crowds out of the parks. I figure I am going to ride Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids anyway, so being wet isn't that big a deal. There are lots of things to do that are inside too. Either rain suits, panchos, or a small umbrella will keep you relatively dry. Make the umbrella a small foldable one that is easy to carry. The only time Disney will cancel things would be for very heavy rain or lightning. Also, the weather forecast will change day to day in Florida. Don't take it as law. Have a great trip!!!:thumbsup2

I love your picture, geckodani!
For the record, I am all for donning a poncho and braving the rain, but my dad is being a total downer about the whole thing and thinks it isn't worth going. Honestly I'd be happy in Disney rain or shine, and think it's still too early to tell, being that we're 7 days out....:umbrella:

For the record, I am all for donning a poncho and braving the rain, but my dad is being a total downer about the whole thing and thinks it isn't worth going. Honestly I'd be happy in Disney rain or shine, and think it's still too early to tell, being that we're 7 days out....:umbrella:

Thanks. :goodvibes For what it's worth, even on the rainiest of days, it most likely won't rain for the WHOLE day. The day that pic was taken, that was the only time we got caught in it. We managed to dodge around Epcot between showers etc. It is possible.

The Florida weather is subject to change by the MINUTE so I would not sweat it. So many of the queues are covered and the rides are mainly inside, as well as there being tons of shops and restaurants to duck into. The biggest issue I find rain to cause is getting OUT of the park because that's the longest run you're going to have to get make and probably get soaked in.

We go in August and the forecast for EVERYDAY is always scattered T storms. Our past trip had one really rainy day which ended up being awesome because the parks were totally empty and kind of cool and eerie at night!

The rain in Florida in the "winter" is not usually the same as the monsoon type of the summer months. Besides, as a PP said "It clears out the parks".

We got here 12/06 and it's been 85 and mostly sunny every day. We missed a mess of snow in Philly while we were away. When I was checking on line (every day) for the last few weeks it called for rain almost every day. What a shame it would have been if we had cancelled because of that. Hope you luck out with the weather too.:thumbsup2
Nancyprincess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!