• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upcoming solo trip

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
Oh man, I wrote out this long-ish post trying to put into words about how solo trips are so different now, but I don't want to just complain lol. So instead I'm just going to say that May seems SUPER different this year and I guess I might try to travel down in June instead. I'm excited at the festival dates so I can still do my favorite Flower & Garden! And I haven't given up hope for May, but normally I go every year for my birthday and enjoy what I consider the "secret low season"....this year I can't even find a hotel under $400 for that weekend! I'm coming for you, Flower & Garden.....

How are y'alls solo trips coming along? Any luck getting into places as a walk up like normal? Lines still short despite looking terrible?

COVID fatigue has set in. People want to get out and vacation.

I think the WDW hotels that are open are going to be pretty full until ride and theme park limits are lifted, allowing Disney to open more.

The Dolphin is $257 with taxes and fees for May 15. (Membership is free.) That gets you close to Epcot!

I was there last week solo. I waited in a few lines that were 50 min. but I could have avoided that by going at a different time of day. I really don't mind waiting in line so it wasn't a big deal. Had I wanted to, I could have ridden every ride in every park. I had park hoppers and that helped since I would hop over to Epcot at some point every afternoon or evening to enjoy the booths. I stayed at Dolphin so you might want to check into that. I didn't make any ADRs in advance. I would check in the morning for what was available that afternoon or evening and there was always something available. The only thing I walked up to was Nomad Lounge, I was there at 10:45 since they open at 11 and they are only doing waitlist right now. I ate at Chefs de France, Nomad Lounge and Hollywood Brown Derby. The rest of my meals came from booths or just snacks. But every morning when I checked there were always lots of options if you could park hop or wanted to eat at DS (which I did not). I would leave my first park between noon and 2 and either go back to my room to rest or go to the pool or hop to another park. I did do 3 parks one day. I enjoyed my trip a lot and plan on going back in Sept. (maybe) since I love F&W. I didn't rope drop any, did get to HS one morning before park opening but that was just because I was up hoping to get a boarding group. Otherwise, I was at MK and AK after park opened. I didn't stay until park closed at any of the parks but was at Epcot most nights until around 9.

I agree regarding the resorts. I casually booked a Studio at Old Key West about 90 days ago without putting much thought into it. At the time, I was debating between Pop and Old Key West.

Resort availability reduced insanely fast, and now there doesn't appear to be a single open room at any resort for when I'll be down.

This will be my first time attending WDW since COVID began, so I scheduled lunch ADRs outside of the parks (Kona Cafe, Olivia's, etc.) so that I can take a break from the crowds if it becomes too much mental stimulation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter