• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unrelated to WDW - need Ottawa info!

my3princesses

Mouseketeer
We are going to Ottawa (from Southern Ontario) in August and are looking for a nice Suites hotel located downtown (closer to the Parliament Bldgs the better). There will be 6 of us and a pool is mandatory. Also any thoughts on restaurants keeping in mind that there is only 1 adult in the group. Thanks

Hi there,

I live in the newly amalgamated City of Ottawa - any idea as to how much you'd be willing to spend per night?

Hi .
What are the ages of the 'non-adults' and the sex. Will you be needing separate bedrooms or can some share beds? Do you want economy prices or is the sky the limit? If you have CAA pick up one of their books as they have lots of info re prices etc. The only thing I would worry about now is availability. Good Luck!

Thankyou for your replys. The ages are myself (35 female) and 5 girls aged 15, 13, 10, 7, and 5. We would all share beds so 3 doubles or Queens will do. I have been looking at the Marriot Residence Inn on Laurier Street (if anyone knows how close this is to the Parliament Blgs I would appreciate it). It is only a two star (I prefer 4 but will stay at a 3) so I'm a little nervous but it has a pool and a good location and a great rate of $155/night for a suite with 2 doubles and a pull-out. Any thought??

Hi there,

Laurier Avenue is about 4-5 blocks south of Wellington Street (where the Parliament Bldgs. are located) - it runs parallell to Wellington by the way. I'm sure I've passed this building a million times (I work a few blocks away), but I can't recall what it looks like. If you can wait until Monday, I'll take a look (I'm on vacation!).

Hi there,

Went by the hotel today. It's in a good location - you'd be staying near Elgin Street (which runs north-south, at the northern end is the War Memorial where they hold Remembrance Day ceremonies each year) and its about a 10 minute walk to Parliament Hill. It's got a Tim Horton's right next door, a Subway restaurant, etc. Elgin Street is ALL restaurants, so you really won't have to walk far for food. It's about 2 minutes from Confederation Park, where Tony Bennet is singing tonight ("Fly me to the moon...") at the Jazz Festival!!! I was going to take pictures (of the hotel) but my digital camera's in for repairs. I'll try to get some tomorrow.

Wow, now that is service! Thanks alot for your investigating DisFan 2- with 5 kids food will be a priority so that sounds great. Pictures would be a bonus - I just don't want a run down place in an area not appropriate for many girls. Thanks again - looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Hi there,

Got the pictures - tried to send you a direct e-mail, but I guess it didn't work. Let me know if you'd like to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter