unofficial DIS family reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

PamNC

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

Wondering if a new thread is going to post for the unofficial "events" and get togethers. I know the previous one was closed. I wish I could volunteer to be the planner/organizer, but I work full time and usually 50ish hours a week ... I don't think I could do the role justice. Danielle, are you still going to coordinate or do we need another volunteer? I'm looking forward to seeing old friends are both official and unofficial events.

Thanks Pam! I think that Danielle mentioned needing to have some other folkx take on the organizing and info updating. I'm happy to help in a co-organizing role. Now that we have a schedule of official events, it might be easier to set up some "unofficial" ideas for getting together. I wonder if we just need to start a list with what we're interesting in doing together.

Yes, it would be nice to have such a thread. Perhaps whoever volunteers to do so will start a separate thread so they can maintain the first post with updates.

I was thinking the same thing, it would be ideal to have a thread where the first post can be updated. Is it possible to "co-own" a thread?

Or just make a post on the first page, any post can be edited. Sure it'd be nice to have it be the first post, but I think as long as it's on the first page it's doable.

I love this idea . . . but there is NO WAY I'm offering to do it. :teeth: My undying gratitude to any one who wants to take this on. :flower3:

I take it back . . . whoever agrees to start and maintain the thread - I will buy you a cocktail of your choice during the Reunion!!!!! (1 drink per thread owner, limited to 1 thread owner, drink only valid up to $10., non-transferable, limited time offer) :p

I love this idea . . . but there is NO WAY I'm offering to do it. :teeth: My undying gratitude to any one who wants to take this on. :flower3:

I take it back . . . whoever agrees to start and maintain the thread - I will buy you a cocktail of your choice during the Reunion!!!!! (1 drink per thread owner, limited to 1 thread owner, drink only valid up to $10., non-transferable, limited time offer) :p

lol "non-transferable"

Okay, let's use this thread to generate ideas and discussion.
PAM, would you be willing to re-title this thread to "Ideas/ Discussion for Unofficial DIS Fam Reunion '21" ?

I can volunteer to manage a new thread with logistics and planning based on the ideas and discussion. While my actual attendance depends on how Mom is doing, I can help coordinate in advance. One the aspects that's on my mind to do is a day-by-day chart of activities. The current info on the DIS Reunion website is by stage, and I find that more confusing. I'll see what I can set up today.

Does this sound viable for planning? Is there a different way that would be better to coordinate together?

Thanks so much, Kate!! I'm happy to help or tag-team in some useful way.

I attach a schedule with the Thursday/Friday panels arranged by day. Both Thursday and Friday look very busy.
Days / Times that seem open pending DIS 24 hr marathon and other events:
Wednesday evening
Early Thursday morning
Saturday morning, afternoon, early evening. (Galaxy's Edge starts at 10pm, bus departure TBD)
Sunday all day

Attachments

• DISreunionSchedule.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 13
Right it has been started so if someone can check the event schedule to see if it all right that would be great.

Also might be worth asking an admin to shut down this thread so we can capture everything in the one place.

Also might be worth asking an admin to shut down this thread so we can capture everything in the one place.
All it takes is to use the "report" link at the bottom of any post to ask a Mod to close the thread if you think its a good idea at this point. :teacher:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter