Unlock Door Service, bypass check-in??

jagson

Mouseketeer
Has anyone signed up for the service? What was your experience with it? Did you get a room at a reasonable time? Was the room what you requested?

• han22735

DIS Veteran
    This is the only way we do it. Wait to get the text that the room is ready and bypass ever heading to the front desk. From what I understand the room assigned to you happens a few weeks before you even get there so going to the front desk wont make a difference.

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
    If you’re talking about online checkin, it does not guarantee that you’ll get a room ready text. I’ve gone at least once a year, usually with multiple resorts in a trip, since before this incarnation of online checkin started, and I’ve gotten that text exactly once. Every other time we’ve ended up at the checkin desk asking about the room.

han22735

DIS Veteran
    If you’re talking about online checkin, it does not guarantee that you’ll get a room ready text. I’ve gone at least once a year, usually with multiple resorts in a trip, since before this incarnation of online checkin started, and I’ve gotten that text exactly once. Every other time we’ve ended up at the checkin desk asking about the room.
    I wish Disney could get their systems to work properly. We are the opposite. Have gone many times and always get a text earlier in the day saying our room isn't quite ready yet then the actual text when it is. I wonder what the difference is between guests MDE accounts that causes this.

Retired2018

Earning My Ears
    We have been on the ME and received a text saying our room is ready. We take the early flights out of MHT and arrive in MCO at around 10/11 am. We love this, even when the text states the room is not yet ready.

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
    My last 3 or 4 trips, I got the room ready text when I was in line for DME or on the bus. I wondered if when you checkin for DME it triggers something to check on your room.

BobNed

DIS Veteran
    DIS Lifetime Sponsor
    My last 3 or 4 trips, I got the room ready text when I was in line for DME or on the bus. I wondered if when you checkin for DME it triggers something to check on your room.
    I don't think DME nor MDE have anything to do with it. We never use DME and we always get the room ready text, usually while we are still on the flight to MCO.

Anthony1971

DIS Veteran
    For those not getting texts try updating your phone number it should just be your area code and number no 1 in front of it as well. I had the same issue updates my number and never had an issue after.... I have gotten room ready before we took off when we landed eating in DS after we arrived and one time never (but I did get not ready yet) as it was after 4 and asked where my room was.... at 5 they gave me a different room.....as far as requests should not make a difference sometimes you get what you ask for sometimes close sometime the exact opposite.....

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS