Universal's New Hotel ~ Surfside Inn & Suites ~ new level of value

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by HopperFan, Jun 14, 2018.

1. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

If you are doing Disney & Universal & other Orlando attractions ... or tagging a few days of resort time before or after cruise looking for a good value .... the new Universal Hotel Endless Summer will be opening the first section Surfside Inn & Suites in August 2019, followed by the Dockside Inn & Suites in 2020.

I priced a room for Sept 2019 compared with a room for same dates at POP Century in 2018. The Universal hotel is coming in much lower by $43 per night, putting POP at 50% more than Surfside. And there are dates that Surfside was even lower (rates start at $73). There is NO comparison in the rooms and you can even get a suite for less than a POP room...

Step Into The Surf Lifestyle

Opening Summer 2019
    This brand new hotel introduces extra affordability to your Universal vacation, with the lowest rates of any Universal Orlando Resortâ„¢ hotel. The feeling here is relaxed and easy, with a fun surf vibe woven throughout. In addition to sunny, beach-themed rooms, Surfside Inn and Suites will feature spacious, two-bedroom suites that sleep six, making it the perfect spot for families of any size to base their Universal Orlando Resortâ„¢ vacation.

A sister hotel, Dockside Inn and Suites, will open in 2020. Both hotels will be part of Universal's Endless Summer Resort, a vibrant and sunny retreat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    pattyw, PrincessV, macraven and 5 others like this.
  2. Gr8t Fan

Gr8t Fan DIS Veteran

It looks AMAZING! Can't wait to give it a try.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. writerguyfl

writerguyfl DIS Veteran

And no exterior entry!

5. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

AWESOME point!

Other perks:

- Universal Hotel Park Perks
    - Direct Universal Resort Guest entrance to Volcano Bay
    - "Beach"
    - On a lake and will offer water activities including some boating options
    - Poolside Bar, Food Court and Coffee Bar
    - Fitness Center

[​IMG]

larissawbb, macraven and ShyMiss like this.
  6. Luv Bunnies

Luv Bunnies DIS Veteran

Looks awesome! We are staying at Cabana Bay in November. To keep costs down, we booked a regular, 2-queen room rather than a suite. It sounds like suites in the new hotel will be even more affordable.

larissawbb and HopperFan like this.
  7. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I am totally in love with Cabana Bay but I might have to try this one... :scratchin

8. pattyw

pattyw DIS Veteran

Looks great! I will definitely try this resort!! I love their deluxe resorts, but always nice to save some $$ and be able to come back again !!

9. kaddjr

kaddjr <font color=peach>Now I'm going to have to stalk t

DH and I have been talking about a May 2020 vacation with the kids. We were hoping to get some time at Universal and this may be an incentive!

HopperFan likes this.