Universal's Great Movie Escape

CAPSLOCK

DIS Veteran
I see there are rumors of an escape room coming to CityWalk. Supposed to be a Jurassic World themed room and a Back to the Future themed room, slated to open this fall.

How is there not a thread about this yet? Disboards is generally the first place I see Orlando park updates.

Frankly both sound awesome & I am super excited to try them out! I can only imagine the room quality will be top notch and hopefully they can get some nifty interesting puzzles in there too.

I just saw that on Rix Flix!
They both sound fun.
We’ve never done an escape room but those would make me want to try one… or both!

I'm so excited for both of these rooms and I can't wait to try them. I'm especially curious to see what they do with Back to the Future. It's one of my absolute favorite movies.

Anyone heard any updates on this? Originally it said expected opening in Fall 2022 - that seems to be incorrect...

Pretty much given up hope for next weekend :confused3

I'm curious to see if reservations will be private party or if it is possible you will be put with strangers if you don't book the whole room. It's going to be expensive regardless, but I can justify the premium pricing if I know the experience will be private.

I'm curious to see if reservations will be private party or if it is possible you will be put with strangers if you don't book the whole room. It's going to be expensive regardless, but I can justify the premium pricing if I know the experience will be private.
Agreed. I dont mind paying a premium for a private party room...but I dont want to be locked in there with strangers.

Almost every escape room lets you buy the room out to make it a private experience, even with fewer people. No reason to think Universal's would be different. If you buy 10 spots then show up with 4 people, they still got paid for 10 people - pretty sure they don't actually care.

But there are very few (no?) escape rooms still offering only private rooms regardless of how few people you book.

Anyone heard any updates on this? Originally it said expected opening in Fall 2022 - that seems to be incorrect...

Pretty much given up hope for next weekend :confused3
One of the Youtubers I watch walked by there the other day. The outside looks like it's finished. I would expect it to open anytime now.

But there are very few (no?) escape rooms still offering only private rooms regardless of how few people you book.
There are three different escape rooms near me and all of them offer private rooms regardless of party size.

I do agree with the other posters in that I would be willing to pay for a private room for this. My friend and I were really intrigued by this announcement as we're big escape room fans.

Almost every escape room lets you buy the room out to make it a private experience, even with fewer people. No reason to think Universal's would be different. If you buy 10 spots then show up with 4 people, they still got paid for 10 people - pretty sure they don't actually care.

Many (most?) Escape rooms in the Orlando area offer private experiences, especially post pandemic. Some have a player minimum (usually around 4) and others offer tiered pricing, where the more people who play the cheaper it is per person.

The only company that I know of that still offers public ticketing allows you to book the remaining spots at a 50% discount.

We're a family of 5 so hypothetically, if it $50 per ticket and there's 10 tickets available per game, I could swing $250 for what will undoubtedly be a one-of-a-kind experience, but $500 would be a no go for me.

Yes, most places around here also offer a private experience. But your party is fewer than the room holds, you have to pay extra for it to be private.

Who can recommend a great escape room in the Orlando area?

We've done several rooms at The Escape Game (Orlando & elsewhere) and they are really good. Other suggestions?

Who can recommend a great escape room in the Orlando area?

We've done several rooms at The Escape Game (Orlando & elsewhere) and they are really good. Other suggestions?

When we came down for HHN, we played Outage: No Vacancy at Escape Ventures to stick with the creepy vibe of our trip. One of the most unique games we ever played because over half the game is in complete darkness.

Doldricks in Kissimmee probably offers the most unique of the games I've played in the Orlando area.

The Bureau is just a couple of minutes away from Universal. We've played two of their games and they weren't our favorite. Others put them in their top 5 all time. Depends on who you ask. It was more like completing tasks than solving puzzles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter