Universal VIP tours?

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
Hello...I just saw that UO has a VIP tour experience that (on my preferred date) has about a $400 cost per person.

Unfortunately the info on their website is a bit limited. Anyone know what you actually get on this tour? Does it include Velocicoaster and Hagrid?

Thanks!!!

Hello...I just saw that UO has a VIP tour experience that (on my preferred date) has about a $400 cost per person.

Unfortunately the info on their website is a bit limited. Anyone know what you actually get on this tour? Does it include Velocicoaster and Hagrid?

Thanks!!!
Not something I would ever pay for (not at all necessary), but the Universal website says front of the line access to all rides and attractions (don't see any asterisks). That seems pretty clear to me. Plenty of reviews online to corroborate (comments say they did velocicoaster and hagrids)-

Official site says all rides and attractions -

Purchase a 1-Day, 2-Park Experience for a seven hour tour with priority entrance into a minimum of ten rides and attractions, or purchase a 1-Day, 1-Park Experience for a five hour tour with priority entrance into a minimum of eight major rides and attractions at the park of your choice^. Separate theme park admission required.*

STARTING FROM
$189.00
PER PERSON + TAX
Terms And ConditionsOpen Modal
BUY NOW
A happy family gets a special behind the scenes look at Universal Studios Florida on a VIP Tour.

Along with your guide, you’ll also get:

• Priority front-of-the-line access to all rides and attractions including The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D and all of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ attractions
  • Exclusive behind-the-scenes experiences in the parks (subject to availability)
  • Complimentary valet parking (one vehicle, based on availability)
  • Reserved seating at shows (excludes live performances during Mardi Gras and Mannheim Steamroller during the holidays)
  • Complimentary continental breakfast and lunch**. Dinner included in Private VIP Experiences only
  • Universal Express Unlimited ride access at participating rides and attractions throughout the rest of the day (during normal park operating hours)
  • Exclusive VIP Experiences lanyard and credential
  • Discounts at select Universal Orlando owned and operated merchandise locations in the theme parks and CityWalk

Purchase a 1-Day, 2-Park Experience for a seven hour tour with priority entrance into a minimum of ten rides and attractions, or purchase a 1-Day, 1-Park Experience for a five hour tour with priority entrance into a minimum of eight major rides and attractions at the park of your choice^. Separate theme park admission required.*

STARTING FROM
$189.00
PER PERSON + TAX
Terms And ConditionsOpen Modal
BUY NOW
A happy family gets a special behind the scenes look at Universal Studios Florida on a VIP Tour.

Along with your guide, you’ll also get:

• Priority front-of-the-line access to all rides and attractions including The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D and all of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ attractions
  • Exclusive behind-the-scenes experiences in the parks (subject to availability)
  • Complimentary valet parking (one vehicle, based on availability)
  • Reserved seating at shows (excludes live performances during Mardi Gras and Mannheim Steamroller during the holidays)
  • Complimentary continental breakfast and lunch**. Dinner included in Private VIP Experiences only
  • Universal Express Unlimited ride access at participating rides and attractions throughout the rest of the day (during normal park operating hours)
  • Exclusive VIP Experiences lanyard and credential
  • Discounts at select Universal Orlando owned and operated merchandise locations in the theme parks and CityWalk

Last edited:

Thanks!!!
I don't know what the tour includes but the Velocicoaster line moves pretty fast. Since there are no express passes for it, it's not a bad line. Hagrid's is the longest wait you'll have in the park. If you go within the last hour of the day, it's not too bad. If you get there early enough in the morning, it's tolerable. I don't think it's worth the VIP tour just to not have to stand in line for these two rides. You'd be better off paying for an express pass and then standing on these two lines with all of the time you saved from the other rides.

We did the Universal private VIP tour during the Christmas holidays because I was afraid of very long lines. We started at the Tour Center next to the entrance. I think you can have breakfast there but we skipped that. Walked front of the line to all rides we wanted, did a behind the scenes look to MIB, which was really nice, Spidermann, The Mummy and Jimmy Fallon, which were interesting but nothing too special. We also hat buffett style lunch at Cafe La Bamba (not sUre about the name) which was delicious. We rode Hagrids maybe four or five times during the day, for Velocicoaster we had to wait maybe 5 minutes each time. We used some backstage entrances to skip lines and have shorter walks. A table service meal in the evening and a photopass for the day and two more was included. Overall it was interesting to talk to our guide, see things you usually do not see and have zero wait times. But we also could do all rides with Express Pass the next days with also short wait time, despite the holiday crowds. I would nor do it again, but also would never go without unlimited express pass. Have fun.

So I bit the bullet yesterday and did the semi-private VIP tour. Basically, it’s a 7-8 hour experience that gets you on 10 or more rides and into shows (time permitting).

We had only 6 people total in our group so it felt more like a fully private tour. Everyone was fit and healthy so we were able to get around quick.

Every ride was entered through the exit and we went STRAIGHT to the front- in the car of our choosing on coasters. Before attractions, our guide Todd gave us a synopsis of the ride and some cool inside info.

We didn’t even have to worry about lockers, as he held everything for us while we rode.

We did:

Hagrids
Velocicoaster
Hogwarts Express
Forbidden journey
Gringotts
Spiderman
Rip Ride
Men in Black
Hulk
Race Through NY
River Adventure
ET

And also saw the Bourne stunt show and the horror makeup show in VIP seats.

Breakfast and lunch were both included and were delicious.

This was WELL worth the entry price.

We did one of those back when Hagrids was new. Totally worth it to get to ride that and not worry about the line for it back then. With express pass we knew we could ride everything else, we did it solely for Hagrids. The behind the scene/ride info was cool too. Though some of them, like MIB, you can get for yourself by asking a TM at the end of the ride. We'd already done MIB on our own.

The meals are good.

So I bit the bullet yesterday and did the semi-private VIP tour. Basically, it’s a 7-8 hour experience that gets you on 10 or more rides and into shows (time permitting).

We had only 6 people total in our group so it felt more like a fully private tour. Everyone was fit and healthy so we were able to get around quick.

Every ride was entered through the exit and we went STRAIGHT to the front- in the car of our choosing on coasters. Before attractions, our guide Todd gave us a synopsis of the ride and some cool inside info.

We didn’t even have to worry about lockers, as he held everything for us while we rode.

We did:

Hagrids
Velocicoaster
Hogwarts Express
Forbidden journey
Gringotts
Spiderman
Rip Ride
Men in Black
Hulk
Race Through NY
River Adventure
ET

And also saw the Bourne stunt show and the horror makeup show in VIP seats.

Breakfast and lunch were both included and were delicious.

This was WELL worth the entry price.
Did they put you with people with similar interests? I worry about being put with little kids that cry and have us spend all day in the seus area

With express pass we knew we could ride everything else, we did it solely for Hagrids. The behind the scene/ride info was cool too. Though some of them, like MIB, you can get for yourself by asking a TM at the end of the ride. We'd already done MIB on our own.

Is there a way to ask for the behind scene/ride with Hagrids without being a part of the tour? I know you can get MIB by asking for it, and I've done the King Kong too. Obviously it is based on how busy the ride/team members are at the moment. Do you learn cool stuff in line, is it about the how the ride works or a combination of both?

Is there a way to ask for the behind scene/ride with Hagrids without being a part of the tour? I know you can get MIB by asking for it, and I've done the King Kong too. Obviously it is based on how busy the ride/team members are at the moment. Do you learn cool stuff in line, is it about the how the ride works or a combination of both?
I’m not aware of an inside tour for hagrid’s like they do for MIB. It never hurts to ask I suppose

Even with the tour we did you don’t get behind the scenes on all rides. Only some. Most rides is just info

Did they put you with people with similar interests? I worry about being put with little kids that cry and have us spend all day in the seus area
I’m a 47 year old day who had two teenagers. We were with a mom and two teenagers.

I can’t tell you if this was done intentionally or not.

they fill the tours with bodies
Tours I have done in the daytime had age levels

Probably the youngest age was maybe 12 and with a parent.

There are a few tours families can enjoy together but those I have not done but read about

I can’t speak for everyone but as a parent of said child I wouldn’t book a tour for her. I’m taking my tall 8 year old on the tour in November and leaving the 4 year old at home. We may have to sit out hulk as she is 53 inches but I already told her if she is to short we get a snack while others ride, I wouldn’t ever suggest the rest of the tour miss out.

It’s pretty clear on the site it’s for the big rides, the semi private tour for young kids at universal seems silly.

Is there not an age limit for the tour? I don't recall looking since I wasn't taking a young one with us but most of these do since they take you in areas that may not be approved for certain ages for insurance reasons.

For the public tours, you have zero options

You could be in a group of adults, teens, young children.

All depends on your public tour date of who will be in your tour

Believe their is a limit of number of your group party.

If you have a group ( 7?), it may be you need to book a private tour
Look at the section where policy is listed for the number of peeps allowed in a group booking

If you book a private tour, only your group would be in that tour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter