Universal Survey asked me about Disney

TAKitty

<font color=green>I will make it work with the one
I just think this is interesting. I was at the Universal site looking for Harry Potter information and a popup box came up asking if I wanted to take a survey. I said yes and was surprised at some of the questions they asked.

Was I aware that Disney and Universal were not part of the same company?
Did I know that I can't use my Disney tickets for Universal?
Do I consider the trip a Disney trip or an Orlando trip?

They also asked me how many days I was staying and which Disney parks I was planning on visiting.

I just think it is interesting that Universal is so interested in my Disney visits. I have never taken a Disney survey asking me about Universal.

Was I aware that Disney and Universal were not part of the same company?
Did I know that I can't use my Disney tickets for Universal?

I've had those questions on every Universal survey I've done. There must be a whole lot of people who get it all confused...

But they're probably just trying to figure out how better to market themselves. :)

I've done that survey. They are trying to see if you are taking time out of a Disney vacation to go to Universal or if you are only Universal bound. It helps them in their marketing.

They've been asking this question all along. I think it's important for them to know if there's brand confusion -- if they get lumped in with Disney -- and how that perception has changed now that Harry Potter is open and more people may be aware of Universal and what it offers.

They have asked those questions for a long time.

It's amazing how many people don't know about Universal and the offerings. We live here and when we tell someone we are going up to Orlando again we get the typical, "Going to Disney", NOPE.:lmao:

It's amazing how many people don't know about Universal and the offerings. We live here and when we tell someone we are going up to Orlando again we get the typical, "Going to Disney", NOPE.:lmao:

Yep I think I`ve been asked those questions every time I had a survey.

We also get from people over here...... You`re going all the way to Florida and not doing Disney???? Someone even said well is there anything else in Florida to do :confused3 :confused3

Makes me laugh. I said to a neighbour once who questioned our love for Orlando, yeah your right it`s rubbish over there don`t know why we spend a small fortune every year to go!!!

She didn`t quite know what to say.

Even coming from the UK, I still cannot justify spending a small fortune on Disney hotels and parks. For me I would happily stay for a slightly lesser duration at Universal - and possibly take a day trip or two to a Disney park. For every time I want to visit a Disney park, I would happily visit IOA 5 times. There is more to do for someone like me, and needless to say there is a better atmosphere resort-wide (unless you have small kids, obviously).

But the only thing that keeps me coming back to Orlando is UOR and mainly IOA. :thumbsup2

I do agree though that the questionnaire thingy is designed to aid Universal's marketing.

;)

They've been asking this question all along. I think it's important for them to know if there's brand confusion -- if they get lumped in with Disney -- and how that perception has changed now that Harry Potter is open and more people may be aware of Universal and what it offers.

Yep, and I'd be willing to bet that since Disney *cough* purposefully *cough* changed the name of their movie park to something very similar, there is even more brand confusion. I know they had to drop MGM, but really, Hollywood Studios, not to be confused with Universal Studios, especially when there is also a Universal Studios Hollywood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter