Universal studios... Hollywood vs Orlando

Andrea

DIS Veteran<br><font color=<009977>I couldnt decid
hey guys,

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before. Is there a big difference between the two? I have been to Orlando before they expand. I'm thinking of going for the movie tour part. Any advice?

Hollywood is much much smaller.

You cannot get Express Pass by staying onsite; you can get "front of the line" passes by buying the pass for the day. Early Entrance is in certain tickets, and I believe by staying at the two very close hotels. They have a VIP tour that seems *amazing*, but it's very expensive. That said, everyone I met who was on the tour that day LOVED it.

If anyone in your party has any weight issues in Orlando, I'll warn you that Flight of the Hippogriff in Hollywood doesn't have the same restraints as in Orlando. It's more like The Mummy's restraints. DH loves Hippogriff in Orlando but can't fit in Hollywood. :(

Thanks. I'm not staying on site. I only have one day at a park so I'm trying to pick which park to go to.

Yes.. I'm trying to decide to ush vs do vs dca.. or even the wb tour and maybe knotts

My choices of places to go, first off, in general. (Main Theme Parks only in SoCal).

Disneyland
Universal Studios Hollywood
Knott's Berry Farm
Disney California Adventure
SeaWorld San Diego
Six Flags Magic Mountain
LEGOLAND California

Now, if I am Roller Coaster fan.

SF Magic Mountain
Knott's Berry Farm
Disneyland
SeaWorld
LEGOLAND
DCA
Universal Studios

For shows and entertainment

Disneyland
Universal Studios
SeaWorld
Knott's Berry Farm
DCA
LEGOLAND
SFMM

As for the Studio Tours/

I love the Universal VIP Experience (includes backstage access and a much longer back lot tour.)

then

Paramount VIP

Sony Pictures in Culver City

Warner Bros (I don't like the photo video policy they have, and seems like the tour is not that great, just a fairly borning walk).

For one day I'd either go to Universal Studios or Knott's. That's because if I went to DL or DCA, I would feel like I didn't have enough time to do everything. One day is enough time for Knott's or Universal.

Well, I have read many Trip Reports and have personal experience, to see everything in Universal (all major attractions and shows), you need 2 days, some folks could do it in a day and a half. A Front of the Line pass helps, but due to the show schedules, even then, you might miss a show or two.

Well, I have read many Trip Reports and have personal experience, to see everything in Universal (all major attractions and shows), you need 2 days, some folks could do it in a day and a half. A Front of the Line pass helps, but due to the show schedules, even then, you might miss a show or two.
Yes, I suppose you are correct. I don't ride motion simulator rides, so that cuts out about 1/2 of the attractions there. It's easy for me to get through in a day, but I skip a lot of stuff.

To me the major difference is that Universal Hollywood offers the Studio Tour, which I found to be completely awesome. You see the actual working Universal Studios lot plus the tour incorporates several attractions (Three big ones and two smaller ones, depending on how you count them).

The whole setup of Universal Hollywood is quite interesting too, with the main theme park area perched up high and the secondary park area and studio terraced down the hillside, all within a fairly urban area. I enjoyed USH a lot.

I normally go to universal in Orlando and I can do one park in a day. Is hollywood bigger then Orlando?

To me the major difference is that Universal Hollywood offers the Studio Tour, which I found to be completely awesome. You see the actual working Universal Studios lot plus the tour incorporates several attractions (Three big ones and two smaller ones, depending on how you count them).

The whole setup of Universal Hollywood is quite interesting too, with the main theme park area perched up high and the secondary park area and studio terraced down the hillside, all within a fairly urban area. I enjoyed USH a lot.

Now this sounds great!!! I'm definitely going to universal studios Saturday!!!!

I normally go to universal in Orlando and I can do one park in a day. Is hollywood bigger then Orlando?

Well, USH is one big park and the Back Lot, which has some of the attractions built into the Tram Tour.

So you can visit the Wizardly World, Springfield from The Simpsons, the Lower Lot area, Silly Sill Fun World from Despicable Me and other locations.

I would say you get more bang for your buck visiting USH as compared to one of the Orlando parks. But if you combine the 2, Universal Orlando is bigger, mainly in the fact they can have a lot of Roller Coasters. (The Rides and Shows at Universal Hollywood are restrictive to prevent noise pollution to the actual filming going on. (Aka Screams).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter