Universal Studios Gift Cards?

Next_disney_princess

Mouseketeer
So as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm a Universal newbie. We always do Disney gift cards as ways to budget and prepay our trip. We use the gift cards for everything and of course take a little cash in case something happens like card machines not working or things like that.

I have been reading on here but I dont see people mention Universal Gift cards. I know that Publix carries them and a few other places. But can I use them as wide spread as I can at Disney (meals, snacks, gift shops, hotel) AND are there ways to save money on them like with disney/target?

Id like to start purchasing some to put away for the trip IF they are a similar experience as im used to with Disney. If they aren't then i may just do visa prepaid cards. Any advice is appreciated!

Well ....I buy the gift cards based on the pictures
as I save them as a collection.
Been doing this ever since the parks offered them

All of mine are super nice pictures of park rides, characters, logos, movie scenes, park logos, etc
Been doing this for years
It’s kind of like a souvenir for me
Changes over the years makes me think how the parks have grown and changed

Each visit I add onto my collection and it’s usually the $5 I list for the cards.

It’s the way I have to remember my trips.

I do know many use them as a way to prepay for food, merchandise or a way to avoid charging back to your room or to budget your money.

For those that do not want to carry a lot of money with you, it’s an easy way to stay on a budget

I quite enjoy having the cards as it reflects the different things that has been in UO over the years

Many of my camera shots of things I have enjoyed in the parks have faded over time
My gc’s are ways I remember my trips

Many of my camera shots eventually fade but the hard credit card gc’s bring back memories to me

My older gift cards reflect older rides that have bit the dust

Most gc’s are bought to avoid carrying a large sum of money with you and a good reason to buy them
It keeps you on your budget

I have a few billboards that are framed from
rides, characters, scenery of UO
I quite enjoy having them when I walk down memory lane since they started selling them.

I guess it is a way I can relate to all the changes in the parks over the years

If you are not into keeping the cards as a “souvenir” it still is a great way to make a spending budget by purchasing gift cards

I have been reading on here but I dont see people mention Universal Gift cards. I know that Publix carries them and a few other places. But can I use them as wide spread as I can at Disney (meals, snacks, gift shops, hotel) AND are there ways to save money on them like with disney/target?

Yes, you can to a degree. You can use them for resort reservations, tickets: park & blue man group, Some City walk restaurants, merchandise sold at Universal.

And over on the Updated Disney Gift Card Deals and More thread I created a post specifically for Universal Orlando Gift Cards it also includes Landry's.

The thread is community based meaning feel free to post what you know and what you feel! :flower1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter