• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal service

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
I have tried 4 times to make a dining reservation. The first time I was told that someone would have to call me prior to making the reservation due to an allergy issue. The second time, someone asnwered and said "can you hold?' and didn't wait for my response and put me on hold. After many minutes, I hung up. The last two times, I have gotten an unprofessional sounding message (phones ringing in the background, etc) and the message says leave your name and number, etc., and no one has called back. Please don't tell me that the service will be this bad when we get there. How can I get a reservation?

Confisco?? For the character breakfast. That is the number I am calling. I am ready to give up.

I'm not sure about dining reservations, but I had a big problem with calling PBH to reserve a cabana for my upcoming vacation. The number given was out of order every time I tried to call. So I called the main number and was connected. Every time, I got an answering machine. I left my name and number 3 separate times and never got a call back. I was very aggravated. I finally called the concierge number at PBH and told them about it and they made the reservation for me. I even got a confirmation phone call later that day from them. Maybe you should try that, calling the concierge number. :confused3

Has anybody ever experienced the character breakfast to fill up?

Even in the busiest of summer times, we have been able to make reservations at the dining cart the day before.

One summer, we made dining reservations through RPR concierge about as far out as you could for the breakfast. We were in WDW mode, and thought we had to make our reservations months in advance. When we got there that morning (it was for the very first seating when it opened), there was no record of our reservation. No matter. There was plenty of room for us. In fact, there were only 3 other families at that time. We got LOTS of face time with Spidey and the others. In fact, so much that we started to run out of things to say and all pics had been taken. Storm actually sat down at our table and joined us for breakfast for awhile.

See if you can find the direct number to Confiscos themselves.

I just got back from the US/IOA at the Hard Rock and found Universal service to be extremely lacking, especially when compared to Disney. I got two confirmations over the phone about being to upgrade the park ticket that I bought, but got a completely different story when I got to the ticket window at the park. I also had to wait forever to be able to make reservations for Mythos. One of my big complaints was with using the express pass. At most of the rides the attendants were stringent about making sure that each person in the express line, but there was a problem on both Jurassic Park and Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges. On JP, there was no attendant at the end of the express line to make sure that the people in the regular line didn't cut over, so guess what? Lots of people just jumped the rope into the express line. On P&B the attandant at the front of the line was very careful to make sure of the express passes, but the line that you were directed to just put you in a place near the front of the regular line. In order to get on the ride you had to literally cut into the regular line and cut people off. There should have been an attendant there stopping the regular line at intervals to let the express riders in. Cutting in got us a lot of dirty looks, and I can't say I blame the regular line people! There were other small instances that certainly didn't ruin my trip, but when compared with Disney service Universal just pales.

The number I have to call for Confisco Dining is 407 224 4012. Have you tried that one?

ruzer28 said:
I just got back from the US/IOA at the Hard Rock and found Universal service to be extremely lacking, especially when compared to Disney. I got two confirmations over the phone about being to upgrade the park ticket that I bought, but got a completely different story when I got to the ticket window at the park. I also had to wait forever to be able to make reservations for Mythos. One of my big complaints was with using the express pass. At most of the rides the attendants were stringent about making sure that each person in the express line, but there was a problem on both Jurassic Park and Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges. On JP, there was no attendant at the end of the express line to make sure that the people in the regular line didn't cut over, so guess what? Lots of people just jumped the rope into the express line. On P&B the attandant at the front of the line was very careful to make sure of the express passes, but the line that you were directed to just put you in a place near the front of the regular line. In order to get on the ride you had to literally cut into the regular line and cut people off. There should have been an attendant there stopping the regular line at intervals to let the express riders in. Cutting in got us a lot of dirty looks, and I can't say I blame the regular line people! There were other small instances that certainly didn't ruin my trip, but when compared with Disney service Universal just pales.

I've experienced exactly the same thing in Disney's Fast Pass lines. People cutting through, not enough CM's to monitor, etc.

It's funny, because as the locals will tell you on this board, many of the employees work both parks. I can't imagine they have one persona for Disney (unless it really is company policy to be sniffing the pixie dust when you clock in pixiedust: ) and then do a jeckyll and hyde thing and turn into a nasty, uncaring, unhelpful employee when they enter Universal's gates.

Personally, I have found the service to be excellent most times at parks. Yes, there have been the occasional glitches. But you can find equal amounts of good service and bad service in both parks. I have never found one to be better or worse than the other. Except if I am consciously looking for one or the other.

Sorry you didn't have the trip you expected.

there usually is a second TM at the end of the EP line on JPRA double checking.

flatline said:
there usually is a second TM at the end of the EP line on JPRA double checking.

I love not having attendants at the end of the line because then I could pick whatever row I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter