Universal Resort Necessary for Oct Visit to US/IOA?

rmj71

Earning My Ears
Hello. My 6 year old nephew and I will be visiting Universal and Disney in October.
First trip for both of us. We'll be at Universal on Sunday, Oct 15. I'm hoping this will be after most school fall breaks, and thus not crazy busy - but look to others for guidance.

Is it recommended to stay onsite and thus have access to early entry, based on the time of year we're going? We are going primarily for Harry Potter. Last year's early entry for the same day was for US (I'm assuming because of HHN later that evening).

We are currently booked at Cabana Bay for the Universal leg of our trip. However, I'm finding staying at Disney (where we'll be spending most of our time) for the entire trip may logistically be better. But if having that extra hour is going to make a huge difference, we'll stay onsite at Universal (and I'll just work with the logisitics).

if you're spending most of your time at disney and US/IoA is just a one-day side trip, then i think it'd make the most sense to stay at your disney hotel and skip early entry. looking at the hours, i think you could feasibly do everything harry potter at both parks... US and IoA aren't nearly as taxing as disney. obviously US closes early because of HHN, so you'd want to do that park first; IoA operates same as usual, so you can spend more time on that side. i don't think missing early entry would make a huge difference, but that's just me! (and i'm definitely not a morning person, haha) but getting some extra time at universal is always great, so if you want to take that opportunity, then go for it!

Hhn will bring in after noon crowds that weekend
Studios will close at 5 and ioa 7 or 8 that oct 15

Go early and do as much you can

Stay onsite that Sunday and check in early so you can hit EE

When the studios close hop over to ioa

Have dinner at city walk and take in mini golf

Spend the rest if your evening at the hotel pool

It will be a fast day for you but well worth it

Hhn will bring in after noon crowds that weekend
Studios will close at 5 and ioa 7 or 8 that oct 15

Go early and do as much you can

Stay onsite that Sunday and check in early so you can hit EE

When the studios close hop over to ioa

Have dinner at city walk and take in mini golf

Spend the rest if your evening at the hotel pool

It will be a fast day for you but well worth it

You beat me to it........lol........

OP..........Makes no sense to stay at your Disney hotel when you can get EE by staying onsite.......it's a good advantage to have.

Definitely do what mac suggested and stay in Studios then hop over to IOA as they stay open slightly later to compensate for HHN. Works for a lot of people.

We spent a Thursday (Oct 20th) at both parks in the middle of a WDW trip last year. We didn't get an onsite room, but we did have express passes. We were able to do everything we wanted multiple times, and the wait for Gringotts wasn't that bad (25 minutes) without having EE. Not sure if a weekend day would be different, but it's definitely doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter