• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Orlando Gift Cards?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
I would like to pre purchase some gift cards before our trip. What/where are the Universal Orlando gift cards not accepted? Can I apply them to my room at Royal Pacific? Can the gift cards be combined over the phone or online similar to mydisneygiftcard.com so we don't have multiple cards to worry about? Thanks in advance!

I was not able to use them for my room deposit when making a reservation, but they can be used to pay off the rest of the room charges. I just charged everything to my room and paid it off using gift cards. My grocery store only sells them in denominations of $100, so I had quite a few. I am not aware of any way to combine them (doesn't mean it doesn't exist!)

I was not able to use them for my room deposit when making a reservation, but they can be used to pay off the rest of the room charges. I just charged everything to my room and paid it off using gift cards. My grocery store only sells them in denominations of $100, so I had quite a few. I am not aware of any way to combine them (doesn't mean it doesn't exist!)
Were you able to apply the gift cards to your room in advance of your stay or do you need to wait until check-in? I have seen some Universal gift cards on resale sites that would save some money but I only purchase gift cards from sites like that when I can use them immediately. So-if I can apply the balance to my room or transfer the balances to a new gift card--it would be some added savings for our trip!

I buy UO gift cards either in line or at Kroger grocery stores

When I check in to the hotel, I put 2k of gc on my account as a start

I use my hotel key to charge back to the room

Were you able to apply the gift cards to your room in advance of your stay or do you need to wait until check-in? I have seen some Universal gift cards on resale sites that would save some money but I only purchase gift cards from sites like that when I can use them immediately. So-if I can apply the balance to my room or transfer the balances to a new gift card--it would be some added savings for our trip!
Is it possible to apply the gift cards to my balance over the phone before check-in?

I've been seeing a lot of talk about using gift cards. What are the benefits to using them as opposed to just a debit card?

Gc are easy for me

I like to keep my vacation funds separate

I never use a debit card

I get points on my cc when buying gc
which works well with my system

No need for me to deal with carrying coins or paper money while in the park
So keep some singles in case I purchase anything from carts

It is all personal choice
No right or wrong way for vacation budgets

Are the gift cards good at the City Walk restaurants like Emeril's or only the non-chain types inside the park?

That's to bad. Disney has a consolidation site where you can take each one of your gift cards and assign them to just one of them. In other words, if you have five $50.00 cards you can put them in on the site and then transfer the balances to just one of the cards with a balance of $250.00. I plan on using mine to pay for park admission and will probably just take my gift card to our local Disney Store and buy the tickets right there. I'm surprised that Uni doesn't have the same thing.

Nothing has changed in over the two years this thread has been posted on

I used gift cards to pay on my room when I checked into RPR when I checked in late September

Still here and still using gc at city walk, park and hotel

You can add to a present active gc for uo also

I cannot find them anywhere near me. It makes it easier to save if you just throw one in with your grocery trip. You cant spend it until you go. When you just save money, its too easy to dip into for other things. Guess I have no will power.

I have a Kroger store about 20 minutes from my house

They have uo gc
You can take to the check out ( any lane) and specify the amount you want on the card

Before my vacation, I called and ordered them by phone to UO
I chose the characters I wanted in them by looking on the uo site for gc

Did a large amount and ordered 12 different cards
$500 was the maximum they allowed on each card

I did that large number and some smaller denominations

When checked into the hotel, used the gift cards to pay my room in full

I have a Kroger store about 20 minutes from my house

They have uo gc
You can take to the check out ( any lane) and specify the amount you want on the card

Before my vacation, I called and ordered them by phone to UO
I chose the characters I wanted in them by looking on the uo site for gc

Did a large amount and ordered 12 different cards
$500 was the maximum they allowed on each card

I did that large number and some smaller denominations

When checked into the hotel, used the gift cards to pay my room in full

I may have to check the big Kroger down south. I have checked everything locally. Thanks! Its also good to know you can order them and specify characters. I am giving everyone a gift cards for Christmas so they can choose their own wands.

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get Universal gift cards in the Columbus Ohio area? I know you can get them online but I'm planning on putting them on my Christmas wish list and not all of my friends and family are willing to shop online. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter