• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal or stick with WDW?

sk!mom

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW for 8 days in May. Our original plan was to stick with WDW, but after reading these boards I'm wondering if we should schedule time for Universal. Opinions? (Our group is 2 adults, 1 teen, and 1 4 yr. old)

I always enjoy visiting both. They are different and my family enjoys having options. We do stay on site at Universal for a few nights as well, but, it certainly is not necessary. You can cab over to Universal (the easiest,maybe not the cheapest) or maybe you will have a car. This board offers many ideas regarding methods of transportation if you decide to spend time there.
The four year old will love the Dr. Seuss area, and Islands of Adventure in general is a teens' paradise and an adults' playground. Yes, you will get wet!

We went to both in November of 99 with our 17 yr old son and his girlfriend. It was our 1st trip to IOA and we all loved it. It is kind of hard for me to say (since I am such a huge Disney fan) but Universal did an excellent job at IOA. I wasn't a roller coaster fan but The Incredible Hulk was fantastic.
I would make time for IOA even if you don't go to Universal Studios :)

DebbieP
"

donald02.gif

Usually we just stay at Disney and take Mears shuttle back and forth to USF/IOA. Since you're there for 8 days, I strongly recommend going to USF/IOA too. This year, we've decided to stay at WL for 8 days and then move over to Portofino for 4 days. I'm anxious to see how it works out!

I think Islands of Adventure should be just about perfect for your family! The only one in your group that will be limited is the four year old, and even they will have Suess Landing, Camp Jurassic, and the play areas throughout the park. Your group could easily make a full day of IOA.

Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Coming Soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter