Universal Lanyards

Kingspoint

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the price of lanyards are the same at the on site shops as their website? $10.95 for Potter ones and $8.95 for others? Any tips on getting them cheaper? thanks

I bought my Harry Potter ones from Sam Goody's in my local mall. They were about $5 (of course they aren't the park ones, but I got Gryffindor with a rubber crest and Hogwarts themed with a rubber Hogwarts crest.)

Also, I've seen Spongebob and Marvel ones for $1 at Party City (formerly Factory Card Outlet around here.) Those ones didn't come with a pouch, but I order our pouches cheap off Amazon, so we can have the ones with the ziplock style closure. (Water rides will soak you :D )

I bought my Harry Potter ones from Sam Goody's in my local mall. They were about $5 (of course they aren't the park ones, but I got Gryffindor with a rubber crest and Hogwarts themed with a rubber Hogwarts crest.)

Also, I've seen Spongebob and Marvel ones for $1 at Party City (formerly Factory Card Outlet around here.) Those ones didn't come with a pouch, but I order our pouches cheap off Amazon, so we can have the ones with the ziplock style closure. (Water rides will soak you :D )

awesome!! thanks for the tips.

Is it wise to have a lanyard? I'm getting ready for a first trip, so I don't know if we get credit card-like tickets or paper, We're staying off site.

Is it wise to have a lanyard? I'm getting ready for a first trip, so I don't know if we get credit card-like tickets or paper, We're staying off site.

If you are staying off-site and not buying Express Passes, I personally wouldn't bother with a lanyard. You will only be pulling out your ticket at the entrance and (if you have park-to-park) at the Hogwarts Express. Then hotel key when you get back there.

If staying onsite or buying Express Pass, I would HIGHLY recommend a lanyard, as the EPs have to be scanned at every ride you can use them on.
JMO!

I have non-universal lanyards at home, but it's just the lanyard and a clip. How do the express passes attach to the ones from universal? Do I need something to hold the cards?

I have non-universal lanyards at home, but it's just the lanyard and a clip. How do the express passes attach to the ones from universal? Do I need something to hold the cards?

Here is a Universal one ...
L-Gryffindor-Lanyard-1230881.JPG

Thank you. I did look those up, but they don't have the dimensions of the plastic part that holds the cards.

3x4 ish inside? Just larger than credit card sized, to make it easy to get a card in and out

Is there a Universal Store website? I can't find it.. or I haven't looked hard enough...
Never mind... found it... duh.

Here is a Universal one ...
L-Gryffindor-Lanyard-1230881.JPG

How secure is the plastic pouch? We'll have the photoconnect card and our room key, but not EP because we're staying at CBBR. Is it even worth it to use a lanyard for those 2 things?

ETA: NM about the security of it, i found the answer in another thread...flimsy lol.

Last edited:
How secure is the plastic pouch? We'll have the photoconnect card and our room key, but not EP because we're staying at CBBR. Is it even worth it to use a lanyard for those 2 things?

ETA: NM about the security of it, i found the answer in another thread...flimsy lol.

I think photoconnect gives you a lanyard. Somebody will correct me but I do think we were given a lanyard when we used it last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter