Universal/IOA/Disney.......

jenlyn25

Earning My Ears
Planning to bring family to parks in early November. I personally have been to Disney and 1/2 day at IOA. My kids will be 11 and 8 1/2 at the time. My husband hasn't been to the Orlando area at all! Thinking right now about doing 2 days at Universal/IOA, and 4 days at Disney, Kennedy Space Center was mentioned by my husband, too, but I don't want to cram too many things into a 7 (or so) night stay. We still want a little time to relax and lay by the pool. I plan to get the Frommers Guide to Disney/Orlando. Is that the best reference source out there that would include Universal parks?
Thanks!

The best book on Universal is Kelly Monaghan's Universal book. He also writes one about other Orlando attractions. Go to www.theotherorlando.com for more information.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

Thanks for the book idea. Does anyone have any other suggestions considering my time frame, or if I'm planning enough time at Disney with 4 nights?

Depends on what you want to do at Disney. Epcot can be done in a day, if you skip most of the circle vision shows in the World Pavillions. MK can take a day or a day and a half depending on the crowds, and how dedicated you are to doing every ride and show. MGM I hear is about a day, maybe a little shorter, and Animal Kingdom is a half-day. IOA is a definate one-day, and Universal is a one day. Kennedy Space Center is a half day to full day, depending on the tour you choose. I actually think it's worth a visit if you've not been. I enjoyed it very much when I was younger. A new theme park just opened in the area too. It's been designed ( in part) by a friend of mine, so I've just got to promote it ;) I have yet to go, and it's all religious, so, it'll depend on your tastes. Oh yes, the name: "The Holy Land Experience"

Okay, 7 days right?

Sunday/Monday - IOA/MK, lowest capacity days and these will be the most crowded parks.

Tuesday/Wednesday - Universal or Epcot

Thursday - MGM, maybe a MK reprise.

Friday - Animal Kingdom and Holy Land (If you're into that sort of thing)

Saturday - Kennedy Space Center and Seaworld (The two least crowded parks in the area)

So, that's the general gist of it.. Hope you have fun. Ask any more questions and i'll try to be of service..
-Rob

You can do Universal and disney in 7 days and maybe the space center but any more would be too much. Theres no way you can do Seaworld and the space centre in one day. We needed more than a full day just for Seaworld. It would be great to try to fit in one of the waterparks too.

Before buying a book, take out all of them from the library and pick the one you like best.

snowman_med_clr.gif

We went to Florida last June. We spent two days at Universal/IOA and had no problem getting anything done, even though it was very busy (secret: get there EARLY! There were no lines! So we had almost everything done by lunch! ;) ) Then we spent five days at DW. We got most things done (maybe if we didn't ride Tower of Terror 6 times we would have seen more...). You might be pushing it with four days, but if you are turbo-themepark-goers like us you can do it I suppose. When are you going? Because you get more done at less busy times. Fast pass at DW helps a lot though. Well, anyway, I think you should go to US, IOA, and DW because they are all fabulous parks! We enjoyed them all! Have fun!

"The magic is as wide
as a smile and as
narrow as a wink, loud
as laughter and quiet
as a tear, tall as a tale
and deep as emotion.
So strong, it can lift the
spirit. So gentle, it can
touch the heart. It is the
magic that begins the
happily ever after."
THAT is Disney! ;-)

Oh! I almost forgot! I just thought I'd mention that we bought the Unofficial Guide to DW and it also had a very imformative and fun section on US and IOA. I LOVE this book! Enjoy!

"The magic is as wide
as a smile and as
narrow as a wink, loud
as laughter and quiet
as a tear, tall as a tale
and deep as emotion.
So strong, it can lift the
spirit. So gentle, it can
touch the heart. It is the
magic that begins the
happily ever after."
THAT is Disney! ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter