• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Express

DYOBL0305

Mouseketeer
We’re planning our first trip to Universal with kids next summer, just a few days after the 4th of July, for my daughter’s 6th birthday. My oldest is obsessed with Harry Potter so Wizardly World is a must do for the trip, and so we’re getting the 2-parks 1-day tickets to experience both parts of it. Since we’re only doing 1 day though I’m considering purchasing universal express so we can jump the lines (the long ones, anyway lol), but I’ve only ever done it at Disney and I’m not sure how realistic I am being in thinking the UE lines have similar short wait times as they do in Disney with their FP lines (we’ve never waited longer than 15 min with FP).

So my question is for those that have done the UE in the summer time, what’s the average wait time with it? Would you say it is worth it, particularly for the popular rides?

On that same note, which rides are the ones you’ve experienced longer wait times on?

TIA

I would say that since you're going AFTER the 4th of July, then the crowds might be a little less than the week before. But it will still be crowded for sure. I think purchasing Express will definitely be worth it especially since you're only gonna be there 1 day. You can never be sure, but I'd say the wait time for most express lines would be no more than 10 minutes, if that. The rides with the longer express lines usually are Gringott's, Forbidden Journey, Hogwart's Express and sometimes Mummy.

You’ll want EPs for sure. Have you heard about staying at one of their deluxe hotels and receiving EPs for your whole family staying in the room? You get it from check in to check out day, which doesn’t really apply to you. But, if you booked a room you could show up bright and early at your hotel to get your EPs and early entry. Leave your bags and they’ll text you when your room is ready in case you need a break. Play all day then crash right onsite.

I just read a thread about that, yes! I had never heard of it before, so I’m definitely looking into it now. We were planning to stay offsite anyway, doing a couple of days at MK and then jumping over to Universal Studios, so in that sense we’re flexible.

I would say that since you're going AFTER the 4th of July, then the crowds might be a little less than the week before. But it will still be crowded for sure. I think purchasing Express will definitely be worth it especially since you're only gonna be there 1 day. You can never be sure, but I'd say the wait time for most express lines would be no more than 10 minutes, if that. The rides with the longer express lines usually are Gringott's, Forbidden Journey, Hogwart's Express and sometimes Mummy.

That’s great to hear! I had read a couple of years that the wait times with the express passes was still pretty long and I wasn’t sure if that was totally accurate now or if it just depended on the time of the year (I’m sure this definitely plays a factor).

That’s great to hear! I had read a couple of years that the wait times with the express passes was still pretty long and I wasn’t sure if that was totally accurate now or if it just depended on the time of the year (I’m sure this definitely plays a factor).

Hi we are summer travelers to Universal and yes it can be busy and hot. I would never do the parks then without express pass. It really does make the experience much nicer. Agree with pp to look into booking the deluxe room for a night. For example in the heart of the summer. Minion Mayhem will be 90 minutes stand-by and the express pass lane could be about 20 minutes maybe 30 minutes.

I know it sounds wasteful, but it might be cheaper to book the room and not stay in it (throwaway room) than to purchase express pass for everyone. I have found that is saves a ton of time (I can’t speak for HP since they didn’t allow EP for 5hem when we went)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter