Universal and Disabilities

because most lines you can not use an ECV you still need a pusher so how is he as a solo to get thru the line in a chair?

But the person who gave us this info used that he had no one to push a wheelchair to get an access pass. The access pass didn't shorten the physical distance of the queue, so the poster was able to walk the distance. If the issue was that there was no one available to push a wheelchair, why would an access pass solve the issue for this situation? It was a mobility issue - hence the wheelchair discussion.

I need to point out that it is not the responsibility of the park to push you around. If your need is mobility related it is totally appropriate for them to turn you down for a disability pass. You are asking for free access to a line that people pay hundreds of dollars to access. The team member should have denied the pass for mobility and pointed out your responsibility to either bring someone to push you around or rent a scooter
I need to point out that you are misrepresenting the Attraction Assistance pass when you state that "[y]ou are asking for free access to a line that people pay hundreds of dollars to access." You clearly have no idea how the Attraction Assistance pass works. While the Express Pass allows you access to a shorter line, the Attraction Assistance pass gets stamped by a Team Member and you are provided a return time based upon the wait time for the standby line. This is the same way that it works with Disney's DAS.

I need to point out that you are misrepresenting the Attraction Assistance pass when you state that "[y]ou are asking for free access to a line that people pay hundreds of dollars to access." You clearly have no idea how the Attraction Assistance pass works. While the Express Pass allows you access to a shorter line, the Attraction Assistance pass gets stamped by a Team Member and you are provided a return time based upon the wait time for the standby line. This is the same way that it works with Disney's DAS.
Not true. I go to Universal a lot and know how the pass works. If the line has a wait of 30 minutes you go right into the express line. Even with a return time you are getting free access to a line people literally pay $$ to get into. How many people standing in long hot standby lines would love to get free access to that express line by just waiting outside that long line?
The assistance pass at Universal has a monetary value that needs to be considered, that isn't, currently the case at Disney.

Not true. I go to Universal a lot and know how the pass works. If the line has a wait of 30 minutes you go right into the express line. Even with a return time you are getting free access to a line people literally pay $$ to get into. How many people standing in long hot standby lines would love to get free access to that express line by just waiting outside that long line?
Really? This sounds like the most able bodied answer ever. Would you, or those poor people baking in the sun, want to trade my MS (and the package I got with it) to have the “free” express pass???
What I would give to stand again, and bake in those queues.

Really? This sounds like the most able bodied answer ever. Would you, or those poor people baking in the sun, want to trade my MS (and the package I got with it) to have the “free” express pass???
What I would give to stand again, and bake in those queues.
The issue of disability isnt the point. Denying the monetary value of the pass is. People pay to access that line, with a disability pass you get the access for free. That is it, that is the whole point. You can go through the standup line in a wheelchair, or ecv on most rides. Wanting free access to the express line needs to be limited to those who can't wait in a traditional line for some reason, mobility is not a reason to get the pass at universal.
If you want access to the line you can buy the express pass, or stay at one of the hotels that give express pass. Simply giving access to the express line to every person visiting the park with some disability is not fair to the people who paid for access.
There are people who should be given the pass, but mobility related issues is not one of them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter