Universal/AAA Help Please

buildermomma

Earning My Ears
I am new to this forum. I thought maybe some of you experts could help me with a frustrating problem.

Last year we had a wonderful trip to Disney/Sea World. We had advance purchased tickets to pickup at the kiosk to go to Universal through the AAA/Universal Online store. I purchased them from the web at AAA because the site plainly said the tickets were fully refundable. We have a child with sensory issues and had concerns that he would be able to handle all the parks.

So, we ended up skipping Universal because the site said the tickets were refundable, we didn't worry. Long story short, a year later, numerous e-mails to the address to get a refund through, calls to AAA, calls to Universal, and calls to my cc company, no refund.

Here's the tough part: since they were supposed to be refundable we never went to the kiosk to pick up the tickets, and since then I cancelled the cc. So no tickets, no refund, no way to get tickets.

Any suggestions of departments to call or people with Universal? Any customer complaint departments?

BTW, I just checked the AAA/Universal site and it STILL says they will fully refund less a processing fee within 30 days. Frustrating.

TIA

Amie

i might be confused by what you wrote so correct me if i misunderstood what you are asking here.

i too have membership with AAA and have booked through them before.
if you buy theme park tickets through AAA, you have to go through them for refunds on park tickets, packages, hotel rooms etc.

so, if i understand you correctly, you bought from AAA. your statement was, "we bought them from the web at AAA"
of that is the case, AAA is the agency you need to deal with for the refund.

did you contact AAA to tell them you did not go to universal and never picked up the tickets?

you said you did this one year ago.
are you just now after one year, trying to recoop the money or tickets?

AAA would have the documents of your purchase.

i suggest you contact them.

when i buy from the universal on line store, i do get the discount allowed for AAA.

when i buy from the AAA website, i take my concerns and questions to them. AAA buys bulk tickets from universal and works with its members thru it's website or local offices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter